11 weeks of 1 day per week in the summer term
Contact the University
Coventry University (Coventry)
Get in touch
CPD Admissions Team
+44(0)24 7765 5989
+44(0)24 7765 5158
+44(0)24 7765 7142
+44(0)24 7765 5989
This module will provide students with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the assessment and management of patients with cardio-respiratory dysfunction.
- This module will provide students with the opportunity to integrate their learning into their own clinical practice and develop their clinical reasoning skills,
- Workshop sessions will be led by a variety of specialist lecturers from within the practice of advancing cardio-respiratory physiotherapy.
- The principles of assessment and management of people with cardio-respiratory problems,
- The theoretical basis related to cardio-respiratory physiotherapy and its integration with the biopsychosocial model of practice,
- Current cardio-respiratory physiotherapy practice,
- Clinical reasoning skills.
How will this course be taught
This module will use a variety of teaching and learning strategies. The module’s content will be delivered through seminar sessions, practical workshops, directed and self-directed study.
- Seminars – 44 hours
- Guided students activity – 100 hours
- Self-guided student activity – 56 hours
- Total activity – 200 hours
- Diploma or Degree in Physiotherapy
- Coursework 1: 20 minute Seminar Presentation (40% of module mark
- Coursework 2: 2500 word Critical Review (60% of module mark)
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
- Successful completion of this module will contribute to students professional development within the field of cardio-respiratory physiotherapy,
- Upon the successful completion of this module students should possess the qualities and knowledge within the practice of cardio-respiratory physiotherapy, which can enhance employability and potential to influence clinical practice and service delivery.