With over 6000 students enrolled in the faculty, we make extensive use of innovative approaches to teaching and learning including podcasting, interactive online discussion, and the use of mobile technologies.
Our dedication is demonstrated through our £60 million investment plan. The new Alison Gingell Building, due to open to students in early 2017, will provide state-of-the-art facilities for hospital simulation, rehabilitation, clinical skills training, sport and exercise environments. The building will also include a Biosciences super-lab and a range of life sciences research facilities.
Our current facilities include:
- A real ambulance, which students are able to use as part of their studies.
- A purpose-built Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre, which allows for improved quality in patient care and patient safety.
- A mock operating theatre, including scrub sinks and theatre lights, and a mock hospital ward so we can study a complete patient pathway.
- A sensory room and creative labs to enhance student practical learning related to occupational therapy interventions.
Discover our new Alison Gingell Building
In 2017, we opened a brand-new, £62 million Alison Gingell Building. It features state-of-the art healthcare simulation and teaching laboratories.
The teaching facilities include:
- Mock Operating Theatre and Hosptial Ward
- High Dependency Unit
- Midwifery Suite
- Physiotherapy and Sport Therapy teaching rooms
- Assisted Living Showcase Houses