Admissions and Application
In support of the University's General Regulations and Academic Regulations (Chapter 4, 8 and/or 9) all Postgraduate Researchers and their Supervisors are required to adhere to supporting Policies, Processes and Guidance. Entry Requirements for all Research programmes are defined within Chapter 4 of the University's Academic Regulations.
Postgraduate Research Admissions and Application Procedure (doc) covers the application and admission of all Postgraduate Researchers (PGRs) to the University. This Procedure defines:
- How and when candidates may apply for a Postgraduate Research Degree
- The selection and admission of candidates
- The process of approval of applications
The Procedure is also supported by a number of Process and Guidance documents which includes:
- Postgraduate Research Transfer-in Process (pdf) – this process defines how all PGRs transferring from another UK university will be managed by the University; more details are available within the Transfer-in Process;
- Postgraduate Research Pre-sessional English Guidance (pdf) – provides guidance on how candidates that do not meet the English Language requirement for entry may be considered for progression to a Postgraduate Research Degree;
- Postgraduate In-Sessional English Guidance (pdf) – outlines how exceptionally students that do not meet the University's English language requirements may be accepted onto a Postgraduate Research Degree.
For additional Procedures please also see:
All Applications should be made online through PGR+
For the details or to search for PhD opportunities please visit Research Degree Opportunities.
The University currently offers: