Disability Sport Conference 2018: Disability Sport - What will its legacy be?
3rd - 5th September 2018, Coventry Univeristy Technology Park
Following on from the success of the first three conferences held in 2012, 2014 and 2016, the Centre for Business in Society will be hosting a further international, inter-disciplinary conference for academics and practitioners in the field.
The conference is aimed at anyone with an interest in using sport for people with disabilities as a tool for health, inclusion, peace and development etc.
The conference itself will be based around four main themes:
- Sport and health for people with disabilities
- Paralympic and disability sport Legacies
- Disability sport for peace and development
- Disability sport and social inclusion
Possible areas for presentations include, but are not restricted to:
- Inclusive sports programmes and policies (recreational/school/city/national)
- Disability Sport as a tool for peace and development in post-conflict zones
- Sport as a tool for the rehabilitation of individuals disabled as a result of conflict
- Disability sport and its impact upon non-disabled perceptions of disability
- Disability sport and the Higher Education sports curriculum
- The potential economic and social impact of the Paralympic Games
- Sport as a human right for people with disabilities
- Disability, sport and identity
- The impact of disability discrimination in the provision of sporting opportunities for people with disabilities
- Technology and disability sport: where does man become machine?
- Historical issues in disability sport and the Paralympic Games
- The Media and disability and Paralympic sport
- The impact of sport on the health of people with disabilities
- The elite non-disabled sporting model and disability sport: impacts, problems and possibilities
- Marketing disability sport: problems and possibilities
- International perspectives on disability sport
- Disability sport and international diplomacy
There will also be opportunities for posters and suggestions for workshops.
Registration for the the Disability Sport Conference is now open.
Early Bird - Prior to 11th June 2018
Full Registration Fee: £275
Student Registration Fee (Presenting Paper) £175
Student Registration Fee (Not Presenting Paper) £225
AFTER 11th June 2018:
Full Registration Fee: £325
Student Registration Fee (Presenting Paper) £225
Student Registration Fee (Not Presenting Paper) £275
Not included in the fees.
Please note that the registration fee does not include travel to and from Coventry for the conference or accommodation whilst in Coventry. It is anticipated that hotel costs will be between £35 and £75 per night depending upon your choice of hotel.
If you are unable to attend the Conference you may request a refund of your conference registration fee. Please see our cancellations and refunds policy for more details
VISA or invitation letters
Anyone requiring an invitation letter or letter to support a visa application can request one upon payment of the full registration fee. However, all enquiries or questions regarding VISAs should be directed to your relevant local government, embassy or immigration office.