6-0! Promoting health through recreational football
Erasmus+ (E+ Sport 2018)
Laurea University of Applied Sciences, GAIA, Universite Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne, Associazione Esoce Net European Society of Concurrent Engineer.
1st January 2019 to 31st December 2020
'6-0! – Promoting health through recreational football' focuses on enhancing physical activity with aging people through recreational football activities.
The project aims to enhance health and functional ability via fun physical and social activity. The final objective of the project’s exploitation strategy will be the development of an International Observatory on Sustainable Football, with the aim to disseminate and scale up the intellectual outputs and best practices of the project to other countries and to other sports, and to carry out measurable and replicable pilots in real life scenarios following a Living Lab methodology.
- To collaborate to achieve a collective scalable impact on health and wellbeing of European aging citizens through recreational football and scaling up best practices to other sports
- Promote physical activity of aging citizens through project events to be organized in 5 countries
- Organize a health competition for the activity to support engagement to the physical activity and to understand the positive consequences of the physical activity.
- Balancing the three dimensions of sustainable development: the economic, social and environmental, using recreational football to address these goals.
- To transfer the academic outputs from the project activities and the Sport for Life Programme into evidence-based guidelines and toolkit.
- To engage local ecosystems (teams, municipalities) to support health and wellbeing of aging citizens and to strengthen ecosystem´s effort on sustainable development via sport.