Collaborate to Train
European Social Fund
£245,710 (not including CU matched funding contribution)
- Warwickshire College Group (Lead Partner)
- City College Coventry
- North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College
- University of Warwick
- Coventry University Social Enterprise
- Coventry City Council
- Warwickshire County Council (Strategic Partner)
- Henley College (Strategic Partner)
- Sinead Ouillon, Programme Lead
- Helen Lewis, Fab Lab Coordinator
- Jack Shuttleworth, Fab Lab Technical Skills Instructor
- Keith Jeffrey, Managing Director, CUSE
- Gabriela Matouskova , Business Delivery Manager, CUSE
- Daniel Range, Senior Research Assistant
- David McIlhatton, Senior Research Fellow
- Kelly Bogue, Research Assistant
- Sharon Cartwright, Research Delivery Support Partner
- Amy Arnold, Research Delivery Support Assistant
What is Collaborate to Train?
Collaborate to Train is a three-year project that will engage with over 250 local small businesses and support them to increase their involvement in the education and workforce training system.
The project will also analyse existing service delivery in areas including work experience, apprenticeships, internships and schools partnerships to discover good practice in collaborative working, challenges and barriers encountered.
The project aims to ensure that Coventry and Warwickshire’s education and training activities are business-led, fit-for-purpose and responsive to the needs of local employers.
What is Coventry University's Role?
Coventry University, including the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations (CTPSR), CU Social Enterprise CIC (CUSE) and Fab Lab Coventry, have a particular interest in how they can use innovative models to encourage Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) to get involved in the activities of this project.
The University will work closely with SMEs to encourage and support them to take on more work experience, interns and apprentices by taking on the burden on the initial engagement and brokering relationships with the university staff and students.
FabLab Coventry provides a unique and informal city-centre space for bringing together employers and young people, enabling those SMEs without the physical capacity to host placements to deliver work experience projects.
How do I find out more?
- Sinead Ouillon, Project Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org