Dr Omid Razmkhah
Lecturer in Analytical Methods
Omid is currently a Lecturer in Analytical Methods at School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering at Coventry University. He studied Biomechanical engineering at Kingston University London and received his doctoral degree in March 2014.
In the meanwhile, he worked as a part-time lecturer at the same University for 5 years and then worked as a Research Fellow in the system modelling and numerical optimisation aspects of human heart from March 2014 until May 2015 before he joined Coventry University.
This project was founded by British heart foundation and was collaboration between Kingston University London and University of Bath (£121,879) for 2 years. The aim of this project was to design and investigate preclinical feasibility assessment of an active Fontan assist device. The Fontan procedure is a by-pass operation mainly for children whose hearts have a deficient right side pumping action. He is involved in the supervision of two PhD programmes.
He also acts as a Member of Engineering Council (Chartered Engineer) and holds the position of secretary of London South West Panel of IMechE as well as a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- 2011 - 2014 PhD in Biomechanics
- 2010 - 2012 PGCE in Higher Education
- 2009 - 2011 MSc in Advanced Product Design
- 2004 - 2007 BEng Hons in Mechanical Engineering Design
My main research activities are focused on experiment-validated computer simulations multiscale modelling of the human bone behaviour, considering the risk of fracture under side fall based on combined damage by osteoporosis diseases and fracture mechanics. Also, I am interested in the mechanism of injury in accidents and sports.
Recent outputs and publications
- M. Orłowski1, Ch. Bastien1, O. Razmkhah, S. McCartan, ”Design methodology for crash occupant protection in cabin design of the high speed vessel” Accepted and to be published in 2016, Journal of marine structures journal. 51:1-20 · January 2017 DOI: 10.1016/j.marstruc.2016.10.001.
- Razmkhah, O. and Ghasemnejad, H. (2014) Explicit finite element analysis to predict impact damage response of osteoporosis hip bone. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization, ISSN (print) 2168-1163 (Epub Ahead of Print)
Conference or Workshop Item
- E.J. Varghese, M.J. Turner, O. Razmkhah, C. Bastien, M. Orlowski (2016) “Development of a Pulsatile Fontan Assistive Device” In: 4th European Conference SIMBIO-M; 20-21st June 2016 , Paris, France.
- O. Razmkhah, H. Ghasemnejad (2014) “Explicit finite element analysis to predict impact damage response of osteoporosis hip bone”. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization, ISSN (print) 2168-1163.
- O. Razmkhah, H. Ghasemnejad (2013) “Impact damage response of osteoporosis hip bone”. In: 4th European Conference of Mechanical Engineering (ECME' 13); 29-31 Oct 2013 , Paris, France. (Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering Applications, no. 8) ISSN (print) 2227-4596 ISBN 9789604743452
- O. Razmkhah, H. Ghasemnejad, “Biomechanics of Human Cortical Bone “19th International Congress of European Society of Biomechanics (ESB 2013); Aug 25-28 (2013), Patra, Greece. O. Razmkhah, H. Ghasemnejad, “Green composites for advanced green structures.” 2nd International Symposium of Environment Friendly Energies and Applications (EFEA 2012); 25-27 June 2012, Newcastle, UK.
- Muhammad Tahir Zia, A. Curley, O. Duran, O. Razmkhah, "Application of LabVIEW and cRIO for high precession positioning of Mars rover using DC Motors”, In: 2nd International Conference on Space Technology (ICST 2011); 15-17 Sep 2011 , Athens, Greece (Published in IEEEXplore journal).
Areas of expertise
- Mechanical Engineering
- Stress Analysis
- Fracture Mechanics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Finite Element Analysis
- Finite Element Modelling