Dr. Bartosz Nowak
Lecturer in Design and Sustainability
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
I am an academic teacher and a researcher with more than ten years of experience. I studied Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics in Poland and Germany, and completed my PhD at Institute of Fundamental and Technological Research, Polish Academy of Science in Warsaw. Over the years I have worked for different research institutions and universities across Europe: Casimir the Great University in Bydgoszcz, Eindhoven Technical University, High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS), Bauhaus University and University of Applied Sciences in Ulm. I have also acted in industry as a research and design engineer for small-sized local enterprises as well as an independent medium-sized company with worldwide sales of first class products in the field of medical technology.
- PhD in Mechanics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 2009.
- Postgraduate Studies in Smart Technologies, Polish Academy of Sciences, 2003.
- Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics MSc, University of Technology and Life Sciences in Bydgoszcz, Poland and Padeborn University in Germany.
My research interests are focused on experiment-validated computer simulations in mechanics and mechanical engineering, particularly within the fields of mechanics of materials and biomechanics.
Recent outputs and publications
- Kaczmarek, M., Nowak, J., and Nowak. B. (2015) ‘Skinfold creep under load of caliper. Linearvisco- and poroelastic simulations’. Acta of Bioengineering and Biomechanics 17 (4), 39-48.
- Kaczmarek, M., Olszewski, W., Nowak, J., Nowak, B., and Zaleska, M. (2013) ‘Simulations of creep in lymphedematous tissue under the load of the modied harpenden caliper tip’. Journal of Health Sciences 3 (13).
- Nowak, B., Galanciak, M., Nowak, K., and Kaczmarek, M. (2011) ‘Creep of lymphoedemous tissue - results of tests and preliminary modelling’. The European Journal of Lymphology 22.
- Domanowski, P., and Nowak, B. (2011) ‘Numerical and experimental study on aluminium pipe bending process’. Journal of Polish CIMAC 6 (3), 33-42.
- Nowak, B., and Kaczmarek,M. (2009) ‘Dynamic behavior of bone-implant substitute systems. Numerical and experimental study’. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics 47 (3), 617-628.
- Nowak, B. (2009) Modeling of bone-implant dynamics. Numerical and experimental study. Unpublished PhD thesis. Warsaw, Poland: Institute of Fundamental Technological Research Polish Academy of Science.
- Sobieszczyk, S., Wojnicz, W., and Nowak, B. (2006) ‘Fem approach to estimate the behavior of biocomposite metal-surface coating systems’. Advances In Material Science 6 (2).
- Najar, J., and Nowak, B. (2006) ‘Numerical simulation of influence of chosen parameters on tensile stresses in bone cement layer in total hip arthoplasty’. Zeszyty Naukowe ATR, MECHANIKA 54.