Lecturer in Finance
School of Economics, Finance and Accounting
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business and Law
My current role at Coventry University involves delivering lectures and seminars on selected modules across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It also includes the supervision of dissertations of undergraduate and postgraduate students. I am also currently assisting in the delivery of teaching and learning activities on the Bloomberg system within the Trading Floor here at Coventry University.
My current research area is in empirical Asset Pricing, within which I am undertaking my PhD, which I expect to complete in 2016. Currently, I serve as a reviewer of the Eurasian Economic Review for the Eurasian Business and Economic Society, where I am also a member.
I am an associate fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Ph.D. Finance, Coventry University, (in progress: exp. 2016).
- Finance MSc, Coventry University, 2009.
- BTech Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri (Nigeria), 2006.
I am interested in empirical asset pricing in emerging and frontier markets, especially within the African continent. My current research is around the effect of liquidity in the Emerging and Frontier African markets, the effect of beta instability on cross-sectional variation in average returns in the African market, the impact of survivorship bias on the modelling of stock market returns in the African market and the importance of higher moments of returns distribution in the African market.
Recent outputs and publications
- Tony-Okeke, U. (2015) ‘Conditional CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns in the African market’.
- Tony-Okeke, U. (2015) ‘The Emerging African Market Index and variants of Asset Pricing Models’.
- Tony-Okeke, U. (2015) ‘The effect of survivorship bias on the performance of Asset Pricing Models in the Emerging African Market’.
- Tony-Okeke, U. (2014) 'Multi-factor market models in the African stock market’. 14th Eurasia Business and Economics Society conference. Held 23 October 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.
- Tony-Okeke, U. (2014) 'Multi-factor market models in the South African stock market’.
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Investment Analysis
- Principles of Financial Investment
- Research Methods