Dr. Amir Khorasgani
Lecturer in Finance
Building: William Morris
- Ph.D. in Finance, Middlesex University, London, UK
- MSc in Research Methodology and Quantitative Methods, Middlesex University , London, UK
- MSc in Financial Management, Greenwich University, London, UK
- BSc in Economics, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
- Bankruptcy and Financial Distress
- Risk Management
- Financial Modelling
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Economics
- Small Business Financing
- Evaluation of Basel III capital requirement for UK SMEs: Is IRB approach efficient for small firms. Journal of Credit Risk, Under the 2nd round of review process
- SMEs default prediction: Application of KMV-Accounting based (hybrid) model for UK small firms. Financial Review, Under the review process
- SMEs default prediction models and business cycles effect: Evidence from UK manufacturing micro-data. Co-authored with Prof. Marian Rizov. Small Business Economics, Under the review process
- Evaluation of the accounting-based default prediction models in UK SMEs sample. Small Business and Enterprise Development, Under the review process
- Determinants of Capital Structure in UK SMEs Considering the Industry Effects, The paper is Published and Presented at British Accounting Association, ANNUAL DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM Dundee, UK in April 2009
- The Optimal Model for UK SMEs Credit Risk Considering the Industry and Corporate Governance Effects, The paper is published and presented at International Conference on Business and Management in Izmir, Turkey April 2011 and World Finance Conference II in Rhodes, Greece, June 2011. The paper is also published in American Society of Business and Behavioural Science 18th Annual Conference in Las Vegas February 2011.
- SMEs default prediction models: Evidence from UK manufacturing micro-data, published at Midwest Business Administration Association, Chicago, March 2013.
- Market-based default prediction model for UK SMEs, The application of KMV Merton model for small firms, presented and published at International Academy of Business Disciplines, Atlanta, April 2013.
- Evaluation of Basel III capital requirement for UK SMEs: Is IRB approach efficient for small firms? Presented and Published at BAFA 2014 Annual Conference, LSE, April 2014 and Third International Conference on Credit Analysis and Risk Management, Oakland University, August 21 – 22, 2014.
- Reviewer at Journal of Accounting and Finance
- Member at British Accounting and Finance Association
- Member at Midwest Finance Association
- Member at Eastern Finance Association
- Undergraduate: Financial Theory
- Postgraduate: Institutional Investments
- Postgraduate: International Financial Markets
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate projects/dissertations