Dr. Anna Michalska
Lecturer in Business and Management
Associate Course Director for BA in Business Administration
Academic Conduct Officer
Associate Link Tutor for Narxoz University, Kazakhstan
School of Strategy and Leadership
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business and Law
I am a lecturer in Business and Management and the Associate Course Director with extensive experience in Higher Education. My experience includes studying at different universities across the world and conducting research with a view to enhancing student experience, as well as teaching in different fields and disciplines of Business/Management. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
My PhD research concerns the analysis of differences in attitudes of European students towards plagiarism and academic integrity. I am also an Academic Conduct Officer investigating cases of misconduct and discouraging any form of academic dishonesty in the School of Strategy and Leadership.
- PhD (on-going) in Student Plagiarism, Coventry University
- PgCert in Higher Education, Coventry University, 2015
- MSc with BSc in Business and Technology, Lodz University of Technology (Poland), 2010
- MSc in Engineering Business Management, Coventry University, 2009
The aim of my PhD research is to investigate differences in attitudes of European students towards academic dishonesty and to analyse the HE systems in which they gain their educational experience. The project seeks to add to the body of knowledge and evaluate the effect of cultural diversity on student plagiarism.
I was involved in a Europe-wide research project IPPHEAE (Impact of Plagiarism Policies in Higher Education across Europe) which was investigating plagiarism problem at the institutional level. The project was a comparative study of procedures and policies for detecting and preventing plagiarism, covering all European Union countries. Its purpose was to identify gaps, best practices and case studies which could help minimise plagiarism problem while maintaining consistency in the standards and quality of higher education across the European Union.
Recent outputs and publications
- Michalska, A. (2014) ‘European students' voices on plagiarism and academic practices’. 6th International Integrity and Plagiarism Conference Proceedings. Held 16-18 June 2014 in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Michalska, A. (2013) ‘Students and staff voices on “zu Guttenberg’s case” and its influence on plagiarism awareness in German HEIs’. Plagiarism across Europe and Beyond Conference Proceedings. Held 12-13 June 2013 in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Glendinning, I., Michalska, A., and Orim, S. M. (2012) ‘ALL for Masters: Exploring effective delivery of Activity Led Learning for taught postgraduate students’. EE2012 Conference proceedings. Held 18-20 September 2012 in Coventry, UK.
- Michalska, A. (2012) ‘Student plagiarism and national differences across Europe’. 5th International Integrity and Plagiarism Conference Proceedings. Held 16-18 June 2012 in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Glendinning, I., Domanska, A., and Orim S.M. (2011) ‘Employability enhancement through student advocacy’. ITALICS 10 (2), 16-22.
- Integrated Business Management (undergraduate)
- Project Management (undergraduate)
- Project Governance and Responsible Management (postgraduate)
Areas of expertise
- Academic integrity, student plagiarism
- Project management
- Business management