Lecturer in Marketing and Advertising
Year One Tutor
Link Tutor (SHAPE, Hong Kong)
School of Marketing and Management
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business and Law
My teaching responsibilities include Marketing Principles and Practice Marketing, Campaign Management and Global Marketing. I supervise dissertations at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and my research interests include communicating to hard-to-reach groups, place branding and celebrity endorsement. I am also currently a Link Tutor at one of Coventry University’s partner institutions in Hong Kong, the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE).
- PGcert (Merit), Coventry University, 2016.
- MBA (Merit), University of Bradford, 2004.
- BMedSci (Hons), University of Nottingham, 1997.
I am currently researching the impact of celebrity endorsers on brands and the subsequent impact of the brand on the endorser. I am also interested in marketing to hard-to-reach communities.
Recent outputs and publications
- Baig, A., and Alcock, G. (2015) ‘Ask not what the celebrity can do for the product brand: ask what the product can do for the celebrity brand’. AM2015 - The Magic in Marketing. Held 7-9 July 2015 in Limerick, Ireland.
- Baig, M. M. A., and Trueman, M. (2013) ‘Bradford: Complex Streets, Complex Societies’. Urban Design International 125 – Winter 2013.
- Trueman, M., Cornelius, N., Liddle, J., and Baig M.M.A. (2010) ‘Doing good in a post industrial city: Public policy, communications and regeneration’. in Towards effective place brand management: branding European cities and regions. Ed. by Ashworth, G.J., and Kavaratzis, M. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Trueman M., Baig M.M.A., Cornelius, N., and Liddle, J. (2007) ‘Doing good in a post-industrial city: Public policy, communications and regeneration’. Academy of Marketing. Held 3-8 August 2007 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Trueman M., Baig M.M.A., and Cook, D. (2005) ‘Anyone for hanging baskets? Re-building business confidence and shaping society in a multi-ethnic city’. Academy of Marketing. Held 4-8 July 2005 in Dublin, Ireland.
- Summer School
Areas of expertise
- Principles of Marketing
- Global Marketing
- Marketing Communications