Associate Head of School (Student Experience)
Main Duties: Associate Head of School for Student Experience in the School of Media and Performing Arts.
- P.G.C.E., English and Communications, University of Leicester
- B.A (Hons), Communication Studies, Polytechnic of Wales (University of Glamorgan)
- M.A., Cultural Studies, University of Leeds
- Jones, S. and Dawkins, S. (2017) Contemplation in Chungking. Immersive, 360-degree documentary and critical reflection on peer-reviewed website. Screenworks, Volume 7.1.
- Jones, S. and Dawkins, S. (2018) ‘The Sensorama Revisited: Evaluating the application of multi-sensory input on the sense of presence in 360-degree immersive film in virtual reality’ In: Jung T., tom Dieck M. (eds) Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. Progress in IS. Springer, Cham.
- Jones, S. and Dawkins, S. (2018) The Harlot’s Charter: A Manifesto for Immersive Experiential Film. Academia.edu.
- Jones, S. and Dawkins, S. (2018) Shameful Conquest. Immersive, 360-degree documentary. Official selection in Seattle, Los Angeles, Dublin and Aesthetica film festivals. Winner of the Camarthen Bay Film Festival.
- Jones, S. and Dawkins, S. (2019) ‘Walking in someone else’s shoes: creating empathy in the practice of immersive film’. Journal of Media Practice and Education, Volume 19, Issue 3.
- Mikelli, D. and Dawkins, S. (2020) ‘VR kaleidoscope: reconfiguring space and place through community-based media literacy interventions’. Journal of Media Practice and Education. Volume 20, Issue 1.
- Dawkins, S., Wright, B., Speculand, J., Mikelli, D. (2019) AR Prison Break. Augmented Reality experience. SPARK Festival: Hong Kong (January 2019).