When you travel to the UK to join Coventry University it is important to make sure that you keep important documentation and valuable items in your hand luggage in case you're required to show documents to the Entry Clearance Officer when entering the UK. This also means your valuable items will not be put in the hold and you can therefore keep these items safely with you.
Items that you should carry in your hand luggage include:
- CAS letter
- Offer letter
- Certificates/transcripts that your offer is based on
- Evidence that you have paid your fees e.g. transfer documents
- Bank statements showing you have the required funds in your account
- Address of the University and phone number of International Student Support Team (if you need to contact them during office hours)
- Laptop (if you are going to bring one with you)
- Money (although you should not be carrying too much money!)
- Any medication that you have on prescription, including the prescription from your doctor
Please check with your airline for any restricted items to ensure that their regulations are followed.
What Else Should I Bring?
- Bring only what you can carry on your own. You can buy many items that you need for living in the UK quite cheaply so you don’t need to bring too many items with you.
- Pictures of your family and friends.
- A few clothes but not too many, the climate in the UK may be very different to what you are used to so you may need to buy clothes here.
- Documents required to enrol on your course – CAS, certificates/transcripts, passport, visa, proof of paying fees, bank statements.
- Any medication that you have on prescription, including the prescription from your doctor.