Coventry University (Coventry)
College of Engineering, Environment and Science
Get in touch
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing commercial team
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
A one day course, focused on the underpinning knowledge needed to understand coordinate measurement, to be held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on engagement with the teaching team.
The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions, including but not limited to : 3D measurement / Alignment / Geometry : and associated application to relevant instrument types.
Understanding three dimensional space : appreciation of coordinate data, both in 2D and 3D : application of theoretical and physical alignment techniques : realisation and construction of standard geometry and its relevance to coordinate measurement.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding of coordinate metrology, both 2D and 3D, in manufacturing engineering.
- Able to describe geometry, its construction and appropriate good practice.
- Importance of coordinate alignment and relevance to geometric and non-geometric products.
- Appreciation of sensor technology and its application to varies measurement systems.
- Lectures :- Presentations with group interaction and activities.
- Activity sessions :- Hands-on user experience.
- Discussions :- Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Coordinate Measuring System Programmers
- Measurement Technicians
- Coordinate Metrologists
- Quality Engineers
Upon completion, candidates will receive a : Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) : completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group.
Cost and Contacts
The course cost is £235 per candidates and places are limited. Please kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information