A five-day course, focused on industrial dimensional measurement and covering four core knowledge areas : Application of metrology principles / Measurement and metrology assessment / Continuous improvement in metrology systems / Principles behind measurement equipment technology, sensors and measurement techniques.
Five consecutive days : Monday to Friday : held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Courses are ran quarterly, also upon customer enquiry. Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on equipment and engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
- Application of metrology principles using a variety of specific equipment, looking at good practice and pitfalls.
- Measurement and metrology assessment, management tools, related metrology organisations and international standards.
- Continuous improvement and waste reduction in metrology systems and processes.
- Scientific principles behind measurement equipment technologies, sensors and measurement techniques.
Learning outcomes include
- A broad and proficient level of understanding of the core underpinning principles of effective measurement and metrology.
- Achieving confidence and sustainability in a measurement result.
- Selecting appropriate equipment and strategies for measurement.
- Learning good practice, through hands-on use of a variety of first principle and coordinate measuring systems, relevant to various industrial sectors.
- Lectures - Presentations with group interaction and activities
- Activity sessions - Hands-on user experience of a variety of measuring equipment and metrology tools
- Discussions - Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for and directed at, roles relating to : quality / production / manufacturing engineering : and those responsible for facilitating and managing measurement processes. It also meets the needs of : metrology equipment technical sales / applications and measurement contract services providers.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a : Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) : completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group.
Cost and contacts
The course cost is £1,395 per candidate and places are limited.
Please kindly contact email@example.com for bookings and further information.