Introducing Measurement UncertaintyStudy level: CPD/Short courses
A one-day open course focused on the introduction of measurement uncertainty, data manipulation, standards and task specific budgets.
Coventry University (Coventry)
If you are involved in calibration, planning a new measuring process, buying new equipment, looking to move to a new site or considering introducing other change to the process, then measurement uncertainty will contribute greatly to improve that decision-making process prior to change and help mitigate the inevitable problems and workarounds that then occur. Examples will be given and interpretation and common practice covered both in applying uncertainty budgets and what next.
This one-day course is held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time for engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
The course is designed to introduce the candidate to measurement uncertainty, including:
- Expression of uncertainty
- Probability Distribution Functions
- Uncertainty Budgets
- Sensitivity Coefficients
- Calculation of combined and expanded uncertainty.
How you'll learn
- Lectures - Presentations with group interaction and activities
- Activity sessions - Development and production of an uncertainty budget
- Discussions - Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Learning outcomes include
- Appreciation of the production of uncertainty budgets
- Understand the reporting of uncertainty in measurement
- Recognise outputs from an uncertainty budget
- Complete an uncertainty budget.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Measurement Technicians
- Production/Manufacturing/Quality/Design Engineers
- Quality Systems Managers
How to apply
The course cost is £495 (excluding VAT) per candidate and places are limited. Please contact email@example.com for bookings and further information.
Corporate discounts may be available depending on the number of course attendees. Please contact IChambers@cueltd.co.uk for further information.