1 day course
Coventry University (Coventry)
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
Get in touch
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing commercial team
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
+44 (0) 24 7765 9592
A one day course covering the tools, processes and reports associated with basic statistical process control (SPC), to be held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
A one day course on the tools, processes and reports associated with basic statistical process control (SPC) as a post measurement process, including how and when it can benefit a business.
Appreciation of the basic process and reporting tools of SPC. Raw data collection, analysis and confidence profiling. Initiate and plan basic process control studies.
Learning outcomes include
- Understand probability and statistics
- Recognise attribute and variable data analysis tools and reports
- Standard deviation analysis and its use in the measurement process
- Read and interpret tally charts and frequency tables, histograms, Cp/Cpk, Pareto charts and control charts.
- Lectures - Presentations with group interaction and activities
- Activity sessions - Hands-on user experience
- Discussions - Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Machine Tool Operators
- Measurement Technicians
- Production / Manufacturing / Quality / Design Engineers
- Coordinate Measuring System programmers
- Metrologists who require an understanding of the basics tools and reporting of statistical process control (SPC) sources.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group
Cost and contacts
The course cost is £235 per candidates and places are limited. Please kindly contact email@example.com for bookings and further information.