1 year part-time
Coventry University (Coventry)
College of Business and Law
Get in touch
Enterprise Innovation Organisation, Faculty of Business and Law:
+44 (0)7392 096429
+44 (0)7392 096429
Chartered Institute of Marketing Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing
- Full course fees: £1,600
- Single module: £600
- Additional fees to CIM: £65 membership £150 x 3 assessment fees
The Certificate in Professional Marketing is designed for those in a marketing role who are interested in progressing their career. This qualification gives you the practical skills and knowledge to devise and execute tactical marketing activities and gain digital marketing credibility.
Successful completion of this digital marketing qualification will establish the knowledge, skills and understanding to be able to succeed at an operational level and to perform an essential and successful professional marketing role within the workplace.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to understand the wider role of marketing and how your practical skills can be applied to your career progression within the marketing profession.
Why study CIM marketing qualifications?
The CIM is one of the premier professional marketing associations and the attainment of a CIM qualification is widely respected, and sometimes expected, within the marketing profession. CIM qualifications prepare professionals for careers within marketing, sales, promotion, merchandising, market research, public relations and business planning.
Many of our students feel that studying for CIM qualifications has been an enjoyable and satisfying experience that has enabled them to both contribute more in their jobs and also make significant progress in their careers.
Why become a CIM member?
Becoming a CIM member can help you in expanding your marketing knowledge by taking advantage of the CMI’s insightful and thought-provoking exclusive content, or by attending CIM national and international networking and knowledge sharing events. As a member of CIM you will gain recognition as a current and actively engaged marketer. You will also get free online access to an extensive range of reports, journals, business publications and marketing books, as well as access to interactive webinars designed to help you with today’s most pressing marketing questions and opportunities.
Why study at Coventry?
Our award-winning University has a strong Business School with a number of highly qualified and experienced marketing tutors, all of whom have relevant marketing and business experience, as well as proven track records in supporting CIM students (please note staff are subject to change). The University offers extensive academic resources to support learning within a professional business environment to enhance the learning process. The study sessions are engaging and enjoyable, with an emphasis on practical situations and real-life examples shared across a wide range of sectors.
The number one priority is for students to achieve success in their CIM assessments. Students studying at Coventry Business School regularly achieve higher pass rates than the national average on CIM programmes.
What is provided?
Blended learning Saturday study sessions to accommodate the needs of busy professionals. Students must pass three modules, each of which are taught across 4-5 Saturdays, depending on the requirements and design of each module. You will study in a professional business environment at Coventry University, and the fee includes:
- facilitated group learning activities providing opportunities for discussion and engagement of marketing topics with like-minded professionals;
- online study support which includes access to Coventry University’s extensive online library of books, case studies and journal articles.
In order to attain the Certificate qualification students need to successfully complete three modules:
- Applied Marketing: You will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer (assessment by multiple-choice exam).
- Planning Marketing Campaigns: This module gives you the knowledge and skills to plan and implement successful campaigns that deliver real results for an organisation (assessment by assignment).
- Customer Insights: Customer loyalty, the customer/user experience and customer insight are the core of achieving optimum satisfaction and retention. This module gives you an understanding of the contemporary customer’s complex needs and wants, their behaviour as consumers and how this sets their expectations. You will learn how to gain the insight required to understand those needs and map the journey to ultimately improve their experience (assessment by assignment).
How will this course be taught?
Each module will involve some 70–80 hours study time, of which about one third will take place on, in most cases, four Saturday study days, plus individual 121 assignment support.
In addition to taught sessions, students are expected to undertake extensive independent study to support their in-class learning, and to prepare for successful completion of CIM assessments.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry to this qualification:
- CIM Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Marketing qualification;
- any relevant Level 3 qualification;
- any UK degree or international equivalent;
- International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above);
- professional practice (suggested one year in a marketing role) plus diagnostic assessment on to Level 4.
If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to demonstrate you’ve achieved one of the following English language qualifications within the last two years:
- IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above);
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above.