Recruit Our Students
The Careers and Employability Service is uniquely placed to reach motivated, job-seeking students and recent graduates. We can advertise your vacancies all year round on the university's student portal website and on its departmental subpages free-of-charge.
Our searchable online vacancy databases use interactive technology to email registered users with appropriate vacancies. We will place your advertisement in a weekly Vacancy Bulletin, which is distributed throughout the campus. We can also carry out a targeted email campaign to a specific group of students on your behalf.
Complete a Job Advert Request Form to add a job vacancy to our portal.Advert Request Form
* In order to edit our job advert template, please save the document to your desktop and open the file within Word.
Coventry University aims to provide a supply of motivated students for placements and graduate jobs. The Careers Service run a number of programmes and initiatives that can reduce the cost of recruiting and help you find the right employee for your company.
The Employer Engagement Team work with a number of local, national and global employer partners, offering tailored recruitment services to help them reach our student talent pool. We run a range of employer events during the academic year, from large careers fairs designed to help raise employer profiles on campus, to tailored networking events designed to help employers reach their target audience. We also have a range of online tools and promotional channels at our disposal, including social media channels, plasma screens and target emails.
Our recruitment services are bespoke and tailored to the needs of your company, whether you are a large enterprise, SME or start-up business. We have often supported employers in their recruitment campaigns by running interviews on campus, assisting with initial CV collation and by facilitating skills workshops and mock interview sessions.
Coventry University also has one of the most innovative and comprehensive employability programmes in the UK with more than 15,000 undergraduates students taking accredited Add+vantage modules each year.
If you are looking to target Coventry students for your recruitment campaign or would like any further information, please contact the Employer Engagement Team
Why Recruit at Coventry?
Coventry University has a strong and dedicated Careers Service. People from a variety of different backgrounds including recruitment, marketing, customer service and education, form a vibrant and a professional support team.
The programmes we have developed have changed the way the University is perceived today. We continue to make a real difference to the employability of our students and to the prosperity of local and national businesses.
For more information about the University, how it works with businesses in supporting their growth and meeting their funding or recruiting needs, please contact us on email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 24 7765 2011.
Opening hours: 8.30am to 5pm (Mondays to Fridays)
Recruitment Services for Employers
Our Services for Employers
Most of the services we offer to employers outside of our main autumn careers fair, are completely free-of-charge. To help you plan when best to target our students, we encourage you to view our term and semester dates here: Term-dates.
- Find out more in our ‘Recruitment Services For Employers’ pdf.
- Find out more about how we work with SMEs in our ‘Services for SMEs’ pdf.
- Find out more about how we support employers to successfully hire our talented international students.
Each academic year, we hold three key employability weeks in October, January and March.
- CareersFEST: Is our largest employability event taking place at the start of the autumn term and includes our BIG Fair. This event attracts 5000+ students and around 100 exhibitors and is suitable for employers with graduate schemes, who wish to meet a broad range of students across all years and faculties.
Plans are already underway for CareersFEST 2018 which is due to include our annual teaching fair and diversity focussed networking event. If you are interested in finding out more about these events – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CareersEXPO: Is our work experience and work abroad focussed event and provides an opportunity for employers to engage with our 1st and 2nd year students to promote opportunities both paid & voluntary. This week has an emphasis on global opportunities and is often a popular choice with students who are actively seeking work experience. Our next event is due to take place in January 2019. Watch this space for more information.
- CareersLIVE: Is primarily aimed at our final year students who are still actively seeking graduate employment. This includes an opportunity for employers who have live vacancies to meet our students and support recruitment pre-summer break. The next event will take place in March 2019. Further information will be updated in due course.
Internships & Work Experience
Internships & short-term work experience
Coventry University works closely with companies across the UK and globally to promote a wide variety of internships to our students during study breaks.
Recruitment of placement students
Work placements will usually last for 12 months as part of a traditional 4-year “sandwich” course degree (i.e. where the third year is spent in industry).
Why hire an intern or placement student?
Hiring an intern or placement student allows employers to:
- Gain student input or technical expertise for a focused scope of work or ongoing project
- Gain a fresh perspective or creative ways of solving a problem from students studying a relevant degree
- Support succession planning for future graduate recruitment within your organisation
- Have access to a short term cost effective resource for a given period
Our students also benefit from:
- Direct industry experience helping them to apply practical aspects to their learning
- Real-life work experience to enable them to prepare for the world of work
- Network and build contacts ready for graduate employment
If you are looking to target Coventry students for your recruitment campaign or would like any further information, please contact the Employer Engagement Team using the contact details below.