Enterprise is an important movement within all levels of education, especially within Higher Education. The International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship provides a number of educational programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Consult the courses for more information
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship BA
- International Entrepreneurship MSc
- ICTE’s First year Add+vantage modules
Our BA Enterprise & Entrepreneurship degree takes students through the start-up, running and growing a small business, with the support mechanisms available to allow students to actually start-up whilst studying (where possible).
Our team also deliver enterprise derived elective modules within Coventry University’s Add+Vantage scheme, which allow under-graduate students the ability to engage in enterprise education at all the three levels, no matter what their core degree topic.
At post-graduate level we have three key offerings. Firstly our MA Global Entrepreneurship supports students in developing their entrepreneurial mindset and knowledge base within an international context. The final element of our post-graduate offering is our PhD supervision. If you are interested in taking up a PhD course with us or any of our education courses, please contact email@example.com.
ICTE is eager to pursue research on various themes within the domain of transformational entrepreneurship. Therefore, a PhD research proposal that focuses on one of these themes will be considered more favourably:
- Theme 1: The promotion of transformational entrepreneurship through entrepreneurship education
- Theme 2: Transformational entrepreneurial leadership
- Theme 3: Promoting second order innovation
- Theme 4: Entrepreneurial eco-systems that promote transformational entrepreneurship
- Theme 5: Policy formulation promoting transformational entrepreneurship
Entry Criteria Qualifications
Successful applicants to the doctorate programme will normally have a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% in the project element (or equivalent) or a Masters in a relevant subject with an overall mark at merit level (at least 60%). In addition, the Masters dissertation or equivalent must also have a mark at merit level (at least 60%).
Outputs and Publications from current PhD students
- Samuel, A., White, G.R.T, Jones, P., Fisher, R. (2018) "Social enterprises operating in the South Wales valleys: a Delphi study of persistent tensions", Social Enterprise Journal, Vol. 14 Issue: 1, pp.22-38.
- Jones, P., Pickernell, D., Fisher, R., and Netana, C. (2017) "A tale of two universities: graduates perceived value of entrepreneurship education", Education + Training, Vol. 59 Issue: 7/8, pp. 689-705.
- Zimu Xu: When Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Meets Urban Studies: My First Overseas’ Research Experience