Go Study Outside the EU
Coventry University also has agreements with various Universities outside the EU to give students more opportunities to go abroad. You can equally combine placements in the EU and outside the EU to fully take advantage of what Coventry can offer.
Planning your study outside the EU
What can I do?
Students will have the opportunity to either:
- study at a partner university for a full-academic year
- complete a work placement for a full-academic year
- combine the two programmes, allowing the student to study for 1 semester and working for the other, which can be both in or out of the EU
Who can take part?
All students who have successfully completed 2 years at Coventry University can go on a year-abroad placement.
Remember: Visa's will be required for placements outside the EU and students are required to apply for these themselves.
Where can I go?
Coventry University has a variety of agreements with partner institutions within the EU and outside. Where you can study will depend on your course area. Please check the Partners list on the student portal for more information
Cost and funding
Funding will depend on the duration and destination that you choose. There are no fees required for Coventry University or our partners providing you complete a full academic year abroad.
Alongside this, you may be eligible for our 'Flying Start Travel' grant.
Why study outside the EU?
There are a number of benefits from studying outside the EU, including:
- become a globally-aware graduate
- develop interpersonal skills
- make new friends
- be flexible and study different modules within your field
- learn about a new culture
- enhance your employability
- get paid to go abroad
Students that are currently studying at the University can check our CU Student Portal website for exciting opportunities that we organise or promote. You will also be able to find out more information about the application process.
If you are starting Coventry University and want to know more about studying outside the EU, please contact us via our contact form.