COVID-19 Fully Funded Doctoral Studentship Scheme
Coventry University have launched a suite of fully funded PhD studentship opportunities which focus on themes related to COVID-19 and the post-pandemic future.
The impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt across the world and will do for years ahead. In times like these, academic communities play a crucial part in the development of strategies, mechanisms and solutions developed through innovative research.
Coventry University has, and continues to play a pivotal role in supportive activities and understanding the broad ranging impacts of pandemics on society, the environment, and infrastructure.
These fully funded studentships (tuition fee and UKRI level stipend) make a substantial and critical investment into furthering the research and innovative approaches that can be taken during these globally unprecedented times and the challenges that lie ahead. Our multidisciplinary research centres provide unique academic environments for approaching the COVID-19 pandemic— whether that be discovering novel medical approaches, or analysing cultural impact on societies across the globe.
Studentships will commence in either September 2020 or January 2021 and are open to graduates who meet the stated Coventry University Research Programme eligibility criteria.
See our available projects, filed under the relevant Research Centres.
- Portable Hand-washing Facility using Bio-based Materials for Sustainable Water Treatment: Increase Pandemic Preparedness
Application deadline: 13 November 2020
Application deadline: 9th November 2020
- Multi-sensor and AI enabled system design for remote monitoring of physiological signals and activities in COVID-19 imposed conditions
Application deadline: 13th November 2020
- Particle transport in turbulence: from particulate pipe flows to virus propagation in ventilations and airways
Application deadline: 15 November 2020 (International), 4 December 2020 (UK/EU)
This opportunity will only remain open until a suitable candidate is identified early application is therefore strongly recommended.
- Non-Invasive Sensor-fusion for Detecting and Monitoring COVID-19 Disease Symptoms
- Changes in the voice: a novel biomarker for COVID19
Application deadline: 15th November 2020
- A study into improving virus-load measurement and preventing false negative in detection
- The impact of personal protective equipment (PPE) worn during the COVID-19 pandemic on health care workers performance and risk of heat stress
- An investigation of immune system activity in obese/diabetic participants following an exercise intervention: A COVID-19 study
- Development of a leukocyte activity assay to predict COVID-19 disease severity
- Molecular modelling of SARS-CoV-2 – ACE2 interactions and drug discovery of potential disruptors
- Military heat stress management: Exploring the role of inter-individual factors and previous SARS-CoV-2 infection on heat strain during military tasks
- The gut microbiome as a predictor of COVID-19 disease severity
- Heat illness and health of emergency first responders wearing personal protective clothing in hot weather during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond
- Improved screening of the cardiovascular safety of COVID-19 anti-viral compounds
- Does vitamin D enhance COVID-19 relevant vitro immune responses in leukocytes from Caucasian and South Asian individuals?
- Molecular modelling of proteins relevant to SARS-Cov2
Application deadline: 30 October 2020