COVID-19 Fully Funded Doctoral Studentship Scheme
Coventry University have launched a suite of fully funded PhD studentship opportunities which focus on themes related to COVID-19 and the post-pandemic future.
The impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt across the world and will do for years ahead. In times like these, academic communities play a crucial part in the development of strategies, mechanisms and solutions developed through innovative research.
Coventry University has, and continues to play a pivotal role in supportive activities and understanding the broad ranging impacts of pandemics on society, the environment, and infrastructure.
These fully funded studentships make a substantial and critical investment into furthering the research and innovative approaches that can be taken during these globally unprecedented times and the challenges that lie ahead. Our multidisciplinary research centres provide unique academic environments for approaching the COVID-19 pandemic— whether that be discovering novel medical approaches, or analysing cultural impact on societies across the globe.
Studentships will commence in either September 2020 or January 2021 and are open to UK/EU graduates who meet the stated Coventry University Research Programme eligibility criteria.
See our available projects, filed under the relevant Research Centres.
- Portable Hand-washing Facility using Bio-based Materials for Sustainable Water Treatment: Increase Pandemic Preparedness
- COVID-19 and food insecurity in the UK: looking beyond emergency responses to strengthening community food resilience
Application deadline: 14 August 2020
- Moving beyond food waste-based solidarity kitchens in time of crisis: the role of agroecology-based community kitchens in building community resourcefulness
Application deadline: 15 October 2020
- Communicating COVID: Messages from the Downing Street Briefings
- Embodying loss: crafting the material in the time of pandemic
- Exploring healthcare workers’ experiences and ethical dilemmas faced during the COVID-19 Pandemic through arts-based practice
- The role of design and usability in the adoption of digital self-management technology
- Venice and its Environments: Navigating Memory, Culture and Crisis
Application deadline: 7th October 2020
- An Investigation into resistance and representation: Freelance dance artists and the cultural ecology
- Mindful Changes - Achieving Mental Health through dance during and post COVID19 Pandemic
- Community dance in the UK: recovery and ‘re-socialisation’ for participation and engagement in dance in a post-pandemic era
Application deadline: 16 October 2020
- Automated surveillance/delivery drone design
- Effective algorithms for infectious diseases resource allocation applied to COVID-19 pandemic
- Multi-sensor and AI enabled system design for remote monitoring of physiological signals and activities in COVID-19 imposed conditions
Application deadline: 14th August 2020 for all 3 opportunities
This opportunity will only remain open until a suitable candidate is identified early application is therefore strongly recommended.
- COVID 19 Shifting Paradigms in Higher Education: Applying Frameworks from Social Determinants of Health to Understanding and Tackling BAME Educational Inequalities
- Learning from Lockdown: a project to understand changes in self-concept and self-efficacy during the pandemic in students with disabilities to promote future inclusivity
- How can Collaborative Online International Learning enable education-industry-community partnerships to enhance global citizenship and sustainable development education required in a post-Covid world?
- Mathematics and Statistics Support in the New Normal
Application deadline: 10 August 2020
- Lifetime domestic abuse exposure in a national cohort of people seeking health and forensic care for sexual violence
- Changes in the voice: a novel biomarker for COVID19
- Non-Invasive Sensor-fusion for Detecting and Monitoring COVID-19 Disease Symptoms
Application deadline: 14th August 2020
- A feasibility study to reduce emotional eating during periods of ‘lockdown’ – use of a biopsychosocial-spiritual model of health
Application deadline: 15th August 2020
Application deadline: 31st August 2020
- Making online art together – a practice-led study of online participatory artworks for publics, museums and galleries
Application deadline: 17 August 2020
- A study into improving virus-load measurement and preventing false negative in detection
- The impact of personal protective equipment (PPE) worn during the COVID-19 pandemic on health care workers performance and risk of heat stress
- An investigation of immune system activity in obese/diabetic participants following an exercise intervention: A COVID-19 study
- Development of a leukocyte activity assay to predict COVID-19 disease severity
- Molecular modelling of SARS-CoV-2 – ACE2 interactions and drug discovery of potential disruptors
- Military heat stress management: Exploring the role of inter-individual factors and previous SARS-CoV-2 infection on heat strain during military tasks
- The gut microbiome as a predictor of COVID-19 disease severity
- Heat illness and health of emergency first responders wearing personal protective clothing in hot weather during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond
Application deadline: 30 October 2020