JOVITAL Final Online Workshop
The JOVITAL – Jordan Opportunity for Virtual Innovative Teaching and Learning – project has been working in the period 2017-2021 to offer Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Jordan a chance to explore and implement innovative academic practices to enhance teaching quality and improve learning outcomes.
The JOVITAL final online workshop aims at presenting the project results and impact, in order to facilitate the adoption of the JOVITAL approach within other universities in Jordan and other South Mediterranean countries.
- 4.00pm – 6.00pm (Amman time)
- 2.00pm – 4.00pm (GMT)
4.00pm Introduction and context
- National Erasmus+ Office, Jordan (TBC)
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Jordan (TBC)
- The JOVITAL project and its results, Eric Schoop, Technical University of Dresden
- The JOVITAL impact, Alun DeWinter & Arinola Adefila, Coventry University
4.30pm Roundtable: the impact of JOVITAL within Jordanian universities
- Adiy Twessi, Princess Sumaya University of Technology
- Mohammed Dadou, German Jordan University
- Mostafa Ali, Jordan University of Science and Technology
- Buthina Alobidyeen, Tafila Technical University
- Muder Almiani, Al Hussein bin Talal University
5.00pm What the students have to: testimonials from JOVITAL participants
5.20pm A look at the future
- How can JOVITAL be used by other universities: Prof. Mashhoor Al-Refai, President of Princess Sumaya University of Technology and with Marcello Scalisi, UNIMED Director.
- Launch of the Statement on Virtual Collaborative Learning in Jordan
5.40pm Open discussion on large scale implementation of JOVITAL
6.00pm Conclusions and closing
For enquiries please contact Centre for Global Learning