Win £5000 For Your 'App' Ideas
Monday 21 October 2013
There’s an application for everything, well not exactly. Here’s your chance to win up to £5,000 to design and get built an application for mobile devices. Coventry University in collaboration with the Serious Games Institute (SGI) is offering 3 grants of £5,000 each for App development.
This competition is open to all staff and students at Coventry University. The competition opens Monday 28th October and closes Monday 25th November at 1700 hrs.
1. Fill in the idea disclosure form found at www.coventry.ac.uk/ipr and email the IPR Team at email@example.com
2. Tell us what the app would achieve, in what market sector and who would use it.
3. The best 6 ideas shortlisted will be assessed by a panel at the SGI on Friday 29th November, where you will present your proposal in a 10 minute slot (Dragon’s Den style).
4. The winning apps will be funded for development, by our in house award winning SGI mobile device developers in the apps lab.
- The ideas are your own
- They are not related to teaching and learning
- The proposal must demonstrate market potential
- The app must be aimed at mass market consumers (ie achieve sizable sales)
- Copyright which you intend to use is free to use (unfortunately we can’t pay for licenses for copyright material to be included in the apps)
- The apps must have commercial use, not free to download and be supported by expected download figures.