Lecturer in International Business
Faculty of Business and Law
Sathees Kunjuthamby is an experienced, high performing and award - winning Lecturer in International Business at Coventry University with over 8 years of teaching experience in Higher Education. He has secured the CMBE accreditation since July 2019. Whilst leading the MSc Project Management course as a Course Director he has secured the APM accreditation successfully. Sathees has course directorship, teaching, module leadership and dissertation supervision experience both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. Sathees Kunjuthamby is currently the International Partner Course Director within the School of Strategy and Leadership and is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. His research focuses on alliances and risk (relational and performance) as well as pedagogy.
He is an experienced & innovative educator and collaborative online international learning (COIL) project leader within the Faculty of Business and Law, with a portfolio of over 15 COIL Projects with different international partners from Spain, Malaysia, Hong Kong, France, Oman South Korea, USA and Germany that he has jointly designed and led. Moreover, he delivered COIL workshops to academics from Germany, South Korea, Turkey, South Africa and Malaysia.
Furthermore he is an experienced international field trip leader within the Faculty of Business and Law and led international trips to Hong Kong (2x), New York (2x), Guangzhou, Delhi, Seoul and Burgos.
He has additionally overseas teaching experience and taught in Europe (at Toulouse Business School (TBS) in France and Universidad de Burgos (UBU) in Spain) and in Asia (Hong Kong and Malaysia). Additionally, Sathees has over 2 years of experience of working as the Associate Link Tutor for one of Coventry University’s TNE partner at School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) in Hong Kong for the course BA Business Administration.
As the Director of COIL within the School of Strategy and Leadership, Sathees is providing strategic oversight, academic leadership and direction for COIL learning and has contributed to meet and exceed the COIL targets within the school (since 2018). In September 2018, Sathees was awarded the 'Exceptional Performance Award' and the 'Faculty of Business and Law Excellence Award for 'International Engagement'. In September 2019 he was ‘highly commended' in 'International Engagement' at the 2019 Faculty of Business and Law Excellence Awards, and recently he was awarded the 'School of Strategy and Leadership Excellence Award' in International Engagement at the SSL 2021 Excellence Awards.
For full details of Sathees's qualifications and awards, please refer to his pure profile page.
- Alliance termination
- Relational and performance risk
- Alliance management
Publications and press
- Lausberg, I., Kunjuthamby, S., and Kaehler, K. (2021) ‘Strategic Management in Turbulent Times’ – A Virtual Student Conference as a Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) Project’’. (Proceedings) In: MEB 2021 – 19th International Conference on Management, Enterprise and Benchmarking, 18 – 19 June, 2021, Budapest, pp. 33 – 38. (ISBN 978-963-449-265-8)
- Kunjuthamby, S. (2019) Developmental paper titled “How does risk (relational and performance) influence alliance termination: a research framework” for the IOC track of British Academy of Management 2019 Conference, held at Aston Business School, Birmingham UK) between 3 – 5 September 2019
- Kunjuthamby, S. (2018) Coventry University International Staff Conference, Keynote speech: Internationalisation and you – held on the 16th February at Techno Centre, Coventry, UK
- Kunjuthamby, S. (2017) OIL Project 2.0: Building relationships and a global passport using innovative enhanced technology platforms: Presented at the Coventry University Staff Conference: Achievement, Equality and Diversity held on the 23rd and 24th June in Coventry, UK
- Kunjuthamby, S. (2016) “Technology as an enabler. There are no barriers for learning: Best Practice from an OIL Project between Coventry University and Universidad de Burgos” Coventry University Conference 2016: Creating better futures. Held on the 24th June 2016 in Coventry, UK
- Lausberg, I., Kunjuthamby, S., and Kaehler, K. (2021) ‘Internationalization in a COVID – world: Fostering 21st Century Skills in a Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) Project’, in 'Things will never be the same again’ – Lehre und Hoschulenentwicklung in Zeiten der Corona-Pandemie, von Holger Angenent, Jörg Petri, Tatiana Zimenkova (Hrsg.), Bielefeld, transcript Verlag, Open Access und Print, pp. 354 – 370. (ISBN: 978-3-8376-5984-9).
- Lausberg, I., Kunjuthamby, S. & Kaehler, K. (2021). ‘Mit COIL Studierende fit für die Zukunft machen’ in: Die Neue Hochschule DNH, Heft 2, Jahrgang 2021, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, S. 8 -11.
- Kunjuthamby, S., Bennett, M. & Zhou, X. (2021). COIL (Collaborative Online International Learning) in UK Higher Education – Reloaded’ in British Educational Research Association.
- Kunjuthamby, S. (2020) ‘Creating opportunities through Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)’, Case study, in Wolstencroft, P., De Main, L. and Cashian, P. (2020) Achieving Teaching Excellence: Developing Your TEF Profile and Beyond, Maidenhead: Open University Press.
- Kunjuthamby, S. (2019) ‘Internationalisation of Education – How international field trips cultivate international immersion' in Teaching and Learning Excellence The Coventry Way ed. by Simmons, C [online] Coventry: Coventry University, 93-96. Available from https://doi.org/10.18552/2019CUGCW1 25 June 2019