Assistant Lecturer in French
School of Humanities
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
I was a teacher in France for 4 years, before moving to the UK. As an Assistant Lecturer in French, my responsibilities include teaching undergraduate modules, including Add+Vantage, French for business and conversation classes, as well as marking and moderating assessments.
I am involved in the Routes into Languages programme that includes presentations in schools about career prospects with languages. I have also set up a French film club, which screens a French film with English subtitles once every month.
Having completed the relevant qualifications, I am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- MA Sciences du langage spécialité Français langue étrangère (teaching French as a foreign language), Grenoble University and the CNED (National Centre for Distance Education) - in progress.
- Associate Fellowship of the HEA, Coventry University, 2014.
- French Qualified Teacher Status (CRPE), IUFM Antony Val de Bièvre (France), 2009.
- Bachelor‘s degree in English language (Licence LLCE anglais), Cergy Pontoise University, (France), 2005.
- Business French for Beginners (A215DEL)
- Business Organisation in French (171DEL)
- French Absolute Beginners (A110DEL/A210DEL/A310DEL)
- French conversation classes (130DEL/230DEL/330DEL)
- Lower Intermediate French (A212DEL/A312DEL)
- Lower Intermediate French for Business (A117DEL)