Your Family

If you are considering studying in the UK and you have a spouse and/or children that you would like to join you, it may be possible for them to stay during the duration of your studies in the UK, provided your children are under the age of 18 when they first enter the UK and you meet the requirements as set out by the Home Office.

If you are applying to bring your spouse or children with you as dependents, and their application is successful, the immigration authorities will normally give them permission to remain in the UK for the same length of time as you have been granted.

For further information on bringing your family to the UK, you may wish to visit the UKCISA website.

You should think carefully before deciding to bring your family with you to the UK. There are factors you will want to discuss such as immigration, employment, childcare, schooling, finance and accommodation.

As a Student Visa holder, you will not be able to claim public funds for help towards childcare costs. The UK immigration rules for students state that you must meet the full costs of your course, accommodation and maintain yourself and any family members in the UK without having recourse to public funds. You should therefore make sure you have enough money to cover living costs, course costs and childcare costs. Coventry University cannot provide any assistance for international students’ childcare costs and students are expected to have made adequate provision for the cost of childcare when accepting a place on a course.

For more information about childcare opportunities at Coventry University please visit the Nursery page.

You can get free information on local childcare in Coventry, as well as leisure activities for children, local school information and more from The Coventry Family Information Service .

 Queen’s Award for Enterprise Logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021