3 years part-time
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Get in touch
Health and Social Care Unit
+44(0)24 7765 5989
+44(0)24 7765 5958
+44(0)24 7765 5388
+44(0)24 7765 5989
This course has been developed to complement pre-hospital paramedic/nursing care qualifications and experience, and provide the opportunity to build upon existing FdSc and DipHe Higher Education academic awards.
The innovative e-learning format of this course has also been designed to overcome many of the difficulties experienced by those who wish to access Higher Education, but who are unable to attend a traditional classroom-based course.
- Enhance existing knowledge and understanding of pre-hospital emergency care;
- encourage students to undertake a focused programme of study pertaining to pre-hospital emergency care;
- facilitate continued professional development and the enhancement of practice;
- facilitate the critical analysis of relevant literature, including research-based evidence and policy documents;
- offer guidance on the strategic direction of patient care within the students’ own field of practice;
- develop a graduate who will emerge with the capacity to lead practice;
- use technology as a tool to embrace learning and access up-to-date healthcare research.
How will this course be taught
The vast majority of the programme is delivered by e-learning methods. Students will also be directed to appropriate lecture related resource materials, web resources, research databases and recommended additional reading.
Progress meetings during the summer period will also be available to enable discussion and the sharing of experiences between students. There will also be the opportunity receive feedback on progression at this time, and for students to offer their own feedback about the course.
Applicants should be a registered paramedic/nurse with one of:
- Paramedic Studies FdSci;
- Paramedic Science FdSci;
- Paramedic Science DipHE;
- Dip HE Nursing DipHE.
Depending upon which module is being studied, some assessment may be via an online examination, whilst other modules require an electronic essay to be submitted via Turnitin before a specified deadline
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
This course will enable paramedics and other emergency clinicians to top up their existing FdSc/DipHe Paramedic Science/Nursing awards in preparation for existing and emerging roles within pre-hospital emergency care.