This module is designed for students working in a variety of practice settings and aims to introduce them to the knowledge, principles, skills and techniques necessary for holistic health assessment.
- • This module provides students with an exciting opportunity to develop their understanding of holistic health assessment in order to apply acquired knowledge from the module to their own professional practice.
- • This module provides classroom based support for students to demonstrate the acquisition of clinical skills in health assessment.
- • The importance of client’s history in the process of diagnostic reasoning and clinical decision making.
- • The principles of physical examination and their relation to diagnostic reasoning and clinical decision making.
- • An understanding of the ability to investigate procedures and interpret findings in relation to diagnostic reasoning and clinical decision making.
How will this course be taught
This module will be delivered through a combination of directed and self-directed activity, including lectures, seminars and workshops.
Laboratory activity – 8 hours
Lectures – 32 hours
Self-guided student activity – 160 hours
Total activity – 200 hours
- • Ability to study at level 3
- • Registered healthcare practitioner
- • Normally student should be enrolled on the BSc International Nursing course
- Coursework 1: 2500 Case Study (100% of module mark)
- Coursework 2: 30 minute Practical Assessment
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
- Successful completion of degree level modules canenable progression to master’s degree studies in a range of Health Care, Professional Practice and Nursing studies which are offered at Coventry University.
- Upon the successful completion of this module, students should possess the qualities and knowledge to assist their development as professionals.