Get in touch
CPD Admissions Team
+44(0)24 7765 7142
+44(0)24 7765 5158
+44(0)24 7765 5989
+44(0)24 7765 7142
The main aim of the module is to provide healthcare professionals with education, knowledge, skills and competences to assist in the development of the level of clinical practice required for APPs to work safely, effectively & legally within their scope of practice.
This module is designed to meet the requirements of physiotherapists looking to become Advanced practice practitioners or for existing APPs/ ESPs who wish to further develop their expertise within their advanced practice role.
The dates for 2021 are as follows:
- Spring Module ( Feb to April 2021 )
- 1st-3rd February
- 1st-3rd March
- 29th-31st March
- 12th-13th April
- Summer Module ( May to July 2021)
- 17th-20th May
- 7th-9th June
- 28th-30th June
- 19th-20th July
Download Spring 2021 module timetable.
The module will include sessions on advanced neuromusculoskeletal clinical examination skills, service evaluation and development, pharmacological intervention, prescribing skills, outcome measures, diagnostic imaging, bloods tests, and critical evaluation of the advanced practitioner role.
- Module content is delivered by clinical experts
- Module content is highly clinically relevant to APP clinical practice setting
- Module was developed in relation to the Competency Framework for APPs and has been informed by the Agenda for Change and Knowledge Skills frameworks.
- Module supports ‘fitness for practice’
- Clinical reasoning skills in the management and onward referral of patients within their specialist field
- How to justify the selection and interpretations of a range of diagnostic investigations
- The pharmacological intervention of patients within own scope of practice
- A range of outcome measures used to evaluate therapeutic interventions
- Policies, protocols and guidelines within the field of clinical practice
- The audit and service evaluation as well as their implications for service development and patient care
How will this course be taught
This module will be delivered through an innovative live online format via zoom with a combination of peer coaching, interactive seminar sessions, lectures, case studies, group work and reflective practice to facilitate student learning. The module leader , Gerard Greene has considerable experience in developing and delivering live online teaching modules and post graduate courses.
Live online Seminars– 200 hours
Total activity – 200 hours
- HPC-registered physiotherapists & health professionals
- Coursework 1: 3000 word Case Study (80% of module mark)
- Coursework 2: 20 minute Presentation (20% of module mark)
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
Successful completion of this module will contribute to clinicians’ professional development by advancing clinical, managerial and communication skills. This can enhance clinicians’ employability, enabling them to move into higher positions within the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy with the potential to influence clinical practice and service delivery. Research carried out at the university has shown that within 4 years of successful completion of Masters degree modules and courses graduates have progressed within their chosen career (Green & Perry, 2008).
This module consists of three short courses:
*Subject to demand