Three hours per week for 11 weeks in the autumn term
Contact the University
Coventry University (Coventry)
Get in touch
CPD Admissions Team
This module is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of expertise in therapy practice.
Students will have the chance to explore the theoretical aspects of expertise as well as the influences on professional practice development. In addition, students will be able to enhance their clinical reasoning skills and build upon their evidence based practice experience.
This module provides students with an opportunity to:
- Understand the nature of expertise,
- Critically evaluate their professional development,
- Gain a greater insight into their own skills and attributes relating to expert practice.
Students will have the opportunity to explore:
- The development of own professional practice,
- The nature of expertise in health professionals,
- How to evaluate own practice through critical reflection,
- How to evaluate own expertise development.
How will this course be taught
This module will use mainly seminars for the delivery of the module’s content. Students will be encouraged to use CU-Online to support in-class and self-directed learning strategies.
Seminars – 33 hours
Self-directed student activity – 167 hours
Total activity – 200 hours
Applicants must normally have a professional qualification in physiotherapy or sports therapy. The module may be taken as part of a full programme or as a stand-alone module.
Coursework 1: 1500 word Evaluative Writing (20% of module mark)
Coursework 2: 500 word Essay (80% of module mark)
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
- Successful completion of master degree modules can enable students/practitioners to proceed with their development as professionals within the field of their own clinical practice/speciality.
- Upon the successful completion of this module students should possess essential qualities and knowledge to conduct an independent study within the area of their own interest in Physiotherapy or Dietetics, which can expand their career prospects.