Please contact the University for more information
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Get in touch
The module will focus on the enhancement of the individual’s knowledge base and the development of students’ diagnostic and clinical decision-making skills. Students will be given the opportunity to develop their ECG interpretation skills. Successful completion of the module should enable students to implement evidence based patient care in line with government agendas.
This module aims to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills in order for them to appropriately deliver patient care to individuals with acute cardiac problems.
- This module provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge within the field of cardiovascular assessments and management.
- The module will provide students with up-to-date information on contemporary technologies used for the assessment and diagnosis of cardiovascular problems.
- The module offers the opportunity for students to gather evidence towards the achievement of the Knowledge and Skills Framework core dimensions: Communication, Personal and People Development, Service Improvement, Equality and Diversity.
- How to critically assess, plan, implement and evaluate acute cardiac care incorporating the pathophysiology of cardiac disease.
- How to apply the principles of electrophysiology and analyse and interpret electrocardiograms.
- An understanding of own practice in relation to current government targets, e.g. National Service Framework and clinical governance agendas.
Visit our Coventry Health Psychology blog.
How will this course be taught
This module will be delivered through a combination of guided and self-directed activity.
- Guided student activity – 30 hours
- Self-guided student activity – 170 hours
- Total activity – 200 hours
- Registered Health Care Professional (NMC/HPC)
- Ability to study at level 3
- At least six months post qualifying experience
- Coursework 1: 1 hour and 30 minutes Test (50% of module mark)
- Coursework 2: 2000 word learning contract (50% of module mark)
How to apply
- Successful completion of degree level modules can enable progression to master’s degree studies in a range of Health Care and Professional Practice studies which are offered at Coventry University.
- Upon the successful completion of this module students should possess the qualities and knowledge to assist their further development as professionals delivering patient care to individuals with acute cardiac problems.