Start date: 14 September 2019
Finish date: 21 June 2020
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Faculty of Business and Law
Get in touch
Enterprise and Commercial team, Faculty of Business and Law:
+44 (0) 24 7765 9564
+44 (0) 24 7765 9564
The CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resources (HR) Management could help you by giving you a broader perspective of the organisational issues facing HR professionals and enable you to develop effective analytical and problem solving skills in the field.
Enrolling onto our CIPD Level 5 will give you the opportunity to build on your chosen expertise and obtain a professional CIPD qualification. The sessions will run on Fridays and Saturdays.
Set at undergraduate level, our Intermediate Certificate will help to develop your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of different Human Resources (HR) or Learning and Development (L&D) models and practices and increase the understanding of the external factors that impact upon HR activities and organisations, whilst also developing planning, analytical and problem solving skills. They also offer you the opportunity to build on your expertise in your chosen HR or L&D subjects.
CIPD Intermediate Certificates provide a professionally recognised qualification and a professional level of CIPD membership, Associate (Assoc CIPD).
These qualifications are comparable to a Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Level 5 (or Undergraduate Level). This is comparable to Level 7 in Ireland, Level 9 in Scotland and the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 5.
The Intermediate Certificate in Human Resources (HR) Management will give you a broader perspective of the organisational issues facing HR professionals and enable you to develop effective analytical and problem solving skills.
The full CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management covers the full academic year; from September - July.
Tuition fees for the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in HRM are £1600.00 per student.
The six below units make up the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in HR Management. You earn credits for passing each unit, and when you have successfully completed each unit, you will earn the CIPD Intermediate Certificate.
These six units can be taken at your own pace. You can either take it as a fast track one block course or space your course out.
(Please note that all units must be completed within five years for you to attain the certificate).
The six units below make up the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in HR Management. You earn credits for passing each unit, and when you have successfully completed each unit, you will earn the CIPD Intermediate Certificate.
- Developing Professional Practice
- Business Issues and the Context of HR
- Using Information in HR
- Additional Units:
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Improving Organisational Performance
- Developing Leadership and Management Skills
How will this course be taught
Days/ Dates the course will run:
*Subject to change
9.30am–4.30pm (coursework support sessions: 9.30am–12.30pm)
You should have a GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and a level 3 qualification such as:
- CIPD foundation certificate in HR practice
- CIPD certificate in personnel practice
- CIPD foundation certificate in learning and development practice
- CIPD certificate in training practice
- Two A-levels (or equivalent)
- Applicants having a minimum of two years relevant HR or management experience may be considered
- Must be IT competent
Is this course right for me?
- Are you seeking to develop a career in HR management and development?
- Are you working in the field of HR management and development and need to extend your knowledge and skills?
- Do you have responsibility for implementing HR policies and strategies?
- Do you need to understand the role of HR in the wider organisational and environmental context?
Students must join CIPD. A joining fee of £35 and a subscription of £95 will be payable directly to CIPD at the beginning of the course.
CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate HRM
The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The University is an accredited CIPD study centre.