International Conference in Techno-Auditing 2021
Thursday 14 October 2021 to Friday 15 October 2021
The Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity welcome registrations to the first International Conference in Techno-Auditing (ICTA2021), delivered in collaboration with ISACA Central UK and Northern England Chapters, a professional association focused on IT governance.
About the conference
The main focus of this conference is to understand how technology is shaping the future of the external audit profession.
Companies are evolving and improving their performance, efficiency and resilience by embracing new and emerging technologies. Developments in technology such as artificial intelligence (AI) and big-data analytics are changing the way that business is conducted, with a particular influence on auditing, finance and accountancy. A growing impact of the information technology (IT) systems on internal fraud detection and prevention is shaping the audit profession.
The external audit industry is increasingly relying on the use of IT. A focus on information systems audit, and on the implementation of reliable, performing, secured systems for corporate data analytics is therefore essential.
Higher education (HE) and industry need to work together to develop essential required skills of future professionals, and to raise awareness on open challenges of auditing both in terms of research and public trust.
The event, which is free to attend, will take place from 28 June to 29 June and will be held online. Details of the conference timings will be announced sooner to the event.
- Dr. Othmar Lehner, Hanken School of Economics– Finland (Topic:TBC).
- Stefano Mandolesi, President of the Italian “National Association of Statutory Auditors” (Unione Nazionale Revisori Legali) (Topic:TBC).
- Mr. Mike Hughes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, MioD, President ISACA UK Central Chapter, (Topic: TBC).
Other speakers will be announced as soon as they confirm their participation.
- Panagiotis Andrikopoulos, Coventry University, UK
- Alessio Faccia, Coventry University, UK
- Narcisa Roxana Moşteanu, American University of Malta, Malta
- Alessio Faccia, Coventry University
- Rasha Kassem, Coventry University
- Narcisa Roxana Monsteanu, American University of Malta
- Ahmed Eltweri, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Babu George, Christian Brothers University, USA
Additional committee members will be announced as soon as they confirm their participation.
Call for papers
The Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity (CFCI) encourage submissions of original research aiming to enhance the understanding of technology and its impact on auditing.
CFCI encourage submissions of original research aiming to enhance the understanding of technology and its impact on auditing including, but not limited to, the following topics/themes:
- Fintech applications for auditing purposes
- Information Systems Audit
- Digital Business: Innovation, Strategy and Governance
- AI/ML Technology applications in Auditing
- Technology-Assisted Audit Techniques
- Regulatory Technology (RegTech) and its Application
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and their Applications
- Case Studies of Technology-led Auditing Education
- The use of technology in fraud risk assessment in auditing
- The use of technology in Forensic Accounting
Submitting a paper
If you would like to submit a paper, please email an abstract (maximum of 150 words) and your conference paper to the organising committee for consideration at email@example.com
15 September 2021
All abstracts of accepted papers will be published in a conference proceedings booklet which will be made publicly available on this page. High quality papers will also be considered for publications at the Journal of Applied Accounting Research (JAAR).
If you have any queries regarding paper submission and the conference programme, please contact Dr. Alessio Faccia.
The Journal of Applied Accounting Research will publish a special issue devoted to the International Conference External Audit in the Age of Technology. Authors of papers accepted to ICEAAT-2021 are invited to submit their papers to this special issue.
Submission cost: FREE
All papers will be double blind refereed. Authors should submit their work to via the journal’s website. Submitted articles should be consistent with the aims and scope of the journal.
The opening date for submissions for the special issue is 1 November 2021. Please do not submit for the special issue before that date.
The closing date for submissions is the 31 February 2022.
For more information about submitting your paper for consideration at JAAR, please email Professor Panagiotis Andrikopoulos.
- Deadline for paper submission: 15 September 2021
- Notification of acceptance of papers: 30 September 2021
- On-line registration opens: Open now
- On-line registration closes: 14 October 2021
- Event: 14 October (AM and PM) and 15 October (AM)
- Special issue, call for papers opens: 1 November 2021
- Special issue, call for papers closes: 31 February 2022
If you have any queries about the conference, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Alessio Faccia.