In 2009, I was awarded a PhD by Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom upon my successful completion of a programme of work entitled “Large-scale Connectionist Natural Language Parsing Using Lexical Semantic and Syntactic Knowledge”. I hold an MSc (with Distinction) degree in Information Systems from the Robert Gordon University, United Kingdom. I also hold a B.Eng (II:1) degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
My current role at Coventry University includes administration, research and teaching postgraduate and undergraduate students. Modules I teach include “Artificial Intelligence for Control”, “Enterprise Systems Development”, “Advanced Computer Architecture” and “Software Engineering”. I currently provide PhD research supervision for work in the area of Health Information Systems.
Prior to joining Coventry University, I worked as an Hourly-Paid Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University. My previous roles also include a Sessional Tutor role at Nottingham Trent International College. Before taking up job positions in Higher Education, I worked as a Field Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry. This involved leading teams to provide cased-hole wireline logging and perforating services to clients in land and offshore locations in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. I am also a professional member of the British Computer Society, The Association for Computing Machinery and the Association for Computational Linguistics. On the social side, I am a member of British Mensa.
- Ph.D., Artificial Intelligence, Nottingham Trent
- M.Sc., Information Systems, The Robert Gordon University
- B.Eng (Hons), Electrical/Electronic Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Artificial Intelligence Technologies
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Systems
- Nkantah, D. (2005) 'Connectionist Natural Language Parsing'. Proceedings of PREP-2005 Conference, 'PREP-2005 Conference'. Held 2005 in Lancaster, UK
Selected Professional Activities
- Member: British Computer Society (BCS)
- Member: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member: Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL)
- Artificial Intelligence for Control
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Enterprise Systems Development
- Software Engineering
- Object-oriented Programming
- Research Supervision
- Postgraduate and undergraduate project supervision
- Programming Centre Manager