Dr Baseerit Nissah
Senior Lecturer in Finance
Building: William Morris Building
- 2009, Ph.D., University of Leicester
- 2002, MSc, University of Warwick
- 2001, BA (Hons), Financial Economics, Coventry
- Applied Econometrics, time series and panel data analysis using integration and cointegration techniques
- Economic growth – determinants of growth
- “Thresholds Effects in the Debt-Growth Relationship”, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, under consideration by referees.
- “Investigating the Debt-Growth Relationship for Developing Countries; A Multi-Country Econometric Analysis”, PhD Thesis, Uni. of Leicester, Dept. of Economics March 2009. available on: http://hdl.handle.net/2381/4811
- “Developing Countries’ Vulnerability to Debt Crisis; A Multi-County Empirical Analysis of Shocks” (K Lee)
- “Assessing Debt Sustainability of Developing Countries; a Panel Cointegration Approach”
- “Identifying and Analysing the Debt-Growth Channels; a Panel Cointegration Study”.
- “Towards Perception Maps; Evaluating Public Confidence in Policing Services in Derry/Londonderry” (J Binner, J Whittle, W Simm, M A Ferrario, B Lam and Z Zhao)
- June 2010 “Mapping Public Confidence in Policing using Qualitative Dataset”, 8th Manchester Crime Mapping Conference, 10-11 June 2010 Manchester (J Binner, J Whittle, W Simm, M A Ferrario, B Lam and Z Zhao).
- March 2010 “VoiceYourView: Collecting Real-time Feedback on the Design of Public Spaces” UbiComp 2010, Sep 26 – Sep 29, 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- July 2007 “Debt Sustainability: Identifying a Country’s Vulnerability to Debt Crisis” Poster Presentation presented at the Research Methods Festival, St Catherine’s College, Oxford.
- May 2006 “Assessing Debt Sustainability of Developing Countries; a Panel Cointegration Approach”, paper presented at Leicester PhD conference; discussant Prof. Stephen Hall
- May 2005 “Thresholds in Debt-Growth Relationship” paper presented at PhD conference at the Uni. of Leicester; discussant Dr Rodney Strachan
PhD - Advisor for two students
- Quantitative Methods (postgraduate level)
- International Economics (third level three undergraduate)
- Advance Economics Issues (third level three undergraduate)
- Undergraduate and postgraduate Dissertations supervisor