Dr. Alexandre Metreveli
Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management
I am the Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management, as well as the undergraduate year two Tutor on Continuous Development Programme at the School of Strategy and Leadership. My teaching and research focuses on logistics and supply chain management areas. I hold a PhD in Marketing from the University of Strathclyde and my thesis explored the value (co-)creation in third-party logistics outsourcing relationships.
I have previously taught at the University of Strathclyde Business School on the Management Development Programme, and was also involved in teaching at the Department of Marketing in the same institution. Prior to my academic involvements, I had worked in the third-party logistics industry on various managerial positions in global logistics and supply chain operations, business development and consulting. I have earned two master’s degrees and a bachelor’s degree - as well as my researched doctoral thesis - which are in the logistics and supply chain management related fields too. I am also a member (MILT) of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- PhD in Marketing, University of Strathclyde, 2016
- PgCert in Research Methodology in Business and Management, University of Strathclyde, 2012
- MSc in Logistics and Transport Management, University of Gothenburg, 2007
- Master’s degree in Economics and Management majoring in Transport Management, Georgian Technical University, 2006
My research interests include the supplier-customer relationship value creation and co-creation in supply chain settings, as well as sustainability aspects encompassing logistics and supply chain management.
Outputs and Publications
- Metreveli, A; Lemke, F; and Wagner, B. (2016). ‘Conceptualisation of environmental value in supplier-customer relationships: Investigating the perspectives of third-party logistics providers’. In: 24th International Colloquium on Relationship Marketing. Held 6-9 September in Toulouse, France.
- Metreveli, A. (2016). ‘Cross-team management of experiential learning’. In: Coventry University Conference 2016: Creating Better Futures. Held 23-24 June in Coventry, United Kingdom.
- Metreveli, A; Wagner, B; and Lemke, F. (2014). ‘Business-to-business supplier-customer relationship value creation’. In: 22nd International Colloquium on Relationship Marketing. Held 8-10 September in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
- Metreveli, A. (2012). ‘Investigating capabilities for providing sustainable logistics services by third-party logistics providers: The role of social capital’. In: 17th IFPSM Summer School on Advanced Purchasing Research. Held 5-10 July in Salzburg, Austria.
- Metreveli, A. (2012). ‘Sustainable logistics services: Developing capabilities of third-party logistics providers through social capital embedded in networks’. In: Scottish Doctoral Colloquium in Business and Management. Held 17-18 May in Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Global Logistics Management
- Contemporary Supply Chain Management
- Continuous Professional Development
- Undergraduate Dissertation Supervision
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics
- Postgraduate Dissertation Supervision
- Logistics Service Providers
- Transportation and Logistics Management
- Business-to-Business Relationship Value (Co-)Creation
- Supply and Demand Chain Management and Sustainability