How to Apply
Here you can find a step-by-step guide of how to apply, and what to expect at each stage of the application process. It couldn't be simpler!
The Accommodation Application Portal will be unavailable on Thursday 03/12/2020 between 08:30-11:00am.
Applications for January 2021 are now open.
Our Application Timelines
Applications open for September Starters
Offers start going out to UF Students
Offers go out to CFA and Clearing students
Accommodation contracts begin
Applications open for January Starters
Offers start going out to UF and CFA Students
Accommodation contracts begin
Once you have browsed through the options available and are ready to apply for your accommodation place, you will need to register on our accommodation portal.
You will need your Student ID and a valid personal email address to register.
You can find your Student ID number on your Coventry University course offer letter.
Need to Know
- Coventry University must be your Firm choice on UCAS to be able to apply for accommodation.
- You will need your Coventry University Student ID to be able to apply, which can be found on the top of your course offer letter (NOT your UCAS ID). The Student ID is the 7 or 8 digit number (usually beginning in 8-, 9-, or 10-) provided by Coventry University. If you are unsure what your university ID number is, please contact email@example.com for undergraduates or firstname.lastname@example.org for postgraduates.
- You need to use your personal email address to register, as school/college emails often expire during the application/offer process.
- Do NOT use an education agency email address to register, as this can cause communication issues when sending offers or application emails out.
Confirm Your Choice
Once you have started a new application, follow the pathway by clicking on the boxes which represent which student type you are (e.g. Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Exchange). You will be given a results page, which shows the properties you can apply for. Click 'View' to find out more about each one.
Once you have found a property and room type you would like to apply for, simply click on 'Apply' and this room type will be added to your application. Keep adding more room types to your application until the green 'Next' button appears on your screen. You will then need to answer a couple of questions about you and your requirements (e.g. gender sharing preferences, adapted rooms, etc.)
Need to Know
- Add as many choices to your application as it will allow (this will vary depending on your student type). The more choices you apply for, the better our chance of offering you one of your choices.
- Apply for your accommodation as soon as Coventry becomes your Firm choice - we allocate in date order so the earlier you apply, the better your chance of being offered one of your top choices.
- Choosing accommodation is important - consider all of these factors below before making your choice:
- How much is the rent?
- How big are the flats?
- How big are the halls?
- Is it catered or self-catered?
- Is it ensuite or shared bathrooms?
- How far away from the campus is it?
Our undergraduate applications include a 'group application' page, where it asks for a 'group reference'. This will help our staff identify your application and allocate group members together (subject to availability).
If you're applying as a member of a group with your friends, you will need to decide on a 'group reference' for you and your friends to use. This could just be the names of the members, or a collective name for the whole group - it's up to you.
All members of the group will need to:
- include the group reference in their application
- apply for the same accommodation choices
to be considered for a allocation together.
We will allocate groups together wherever possible but it is not guaranteed. Group applications may be affected by the availability of the accommodations applied for, and whether the members have Unconditional or Conditional course offers.
Review and Submit
You will then be asked to review your selections and then submit your application.
Please make sure you have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions of Application document before you submit your application.
Once your application has been submitted you can sit back, and relax!
Unconditional students can expect to receive an offer within a few weeks of applying, and Conditional students can expect an offer once they have met the conditions of their course offer.
Need to Know:
- Once you have submitted your application you cannot change it - so check it carefully!
- Read the Terms and Conditions and make sure you're happy with them
- Make sure you have funds available to pay your deposit (and first instalment if applicable) as soon as you expect to receive an offer - Unconditional students can expect an offer within a few weeks of applying, and Conditional students can expect an offer once they have met the conditions of their course offer.
If you're holding an Unconditional offer for your course, you can expect to hear from us within a few weeks.
If you're holding a Conditional offer for your course, you will hear from us once you have met the conditions of your course offer.
We will send any offer of accommodation to you by email - please read the email carefully and follow the instructions to accept your offer. University-owned halls require you to log back into your accommodation account, but partner halls may require you to follow a different process.
All offers of accommodation will require you to:
- sign a contract
- pay a deposit (and first instalment if applicable)
- set up a payment plan for any remaining rent.
All students will have a 3 day acceptance period to accept any offer made to you.
You must respond to the offer within this deadline otherwise your offer will be withdrawn, and you will need to re-apply.
Need to Know:
- Your offer of accommodation will be withdrawn after 3 days if it is not accepted
- If you're going on holiday, make sure you can still regularly check your emails so you know when to respond to an offer of accommodation.
- Make sure you have enough funds to cover the deposit (and first instalment if applicable) from the time at which you expect to receive an offer - Unconditional students can expect an offer within a few weeks, and Conditional students can expect an offer once they meet their course offer conditions.
- If you choose to reject the offer and reapply, your new application will be at the bottom of the list and we cannot guarantee we will be able to make you another offer.
The Student Accommodation Code was set up to comply with the housing Act 2004 and ensures that your university accommodation provides you with a high quality place to live and where your rights are protected by clearly outlining what accommodation providers need to adhere to. It outlines everything you should expect from your university or college accommodation as well as your responsibilities as a tenant.
These areas include providing a healthy and safe environment, timely repairs and maintenance, clean and pleasant living environment, access to health and wellbeing services, a living environment free from anti-social behaviour and a formal contractual relationship with your landlord.
As well as Halls of Residence, students can also choose to rent privately across the city. FutureLets is the University's own lettings agency and can help you find the perfect rental property during your studies. We have a range of rooms to rent and 1-8 bedroom houses that you can rent as a group. These can be rented per academic year or can be renewed for the following academic year too.
Images are intended to be representative only. Neither Coventry University nor FutureLets guarantee that the layout or style of any accommodation offered to you will be the same as that depicted. Neither Coventry University nor FutureLets guarantee that any accommodation offered to you will come with any particular contents, furniture or facilities other than those expressly stated as being available in each property as set out on the Coventry University website.