How to Enrol
There is no separate application process for Pre-sessional English courses.
You must submit your application for the degree programme you wish to study on. When we process your application, we will offer you a place on the necessary Pre-sessional English course as required.
Please note that enrolment on a Pre-Sessional English course does not guarantee progression onto your chosen degree at Coventry University. In order to meet the English requirements of your course you need to:
- arrive on the first day of the course
- attend all of your timetabled lessons
- be committed to participating fully in English in all classes
- complete all homework, assessments and other work set by your tutors
- spend time on self-study throughout the duration of your course.
By achieving the level of performance required in the Pre-sessional English course, meeting the University’s academic entry requirements and any other outstanding conditions, you will be able to progress on to your Coventry University course without needing to retake an IELTS exam.
In order to know which Pre-sessional English course you might need, it's important to find out your current level of English.
To do this, you will need a Secure English Language Test (SELT) certificate. To get your SELT certificate, you must sit an IELTS test at a test centre that is approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). The IELTS test will give you an overall score, from 1.0 to 9.0, on your understanding of the English language.
Please be aware that 4.0 is the minimum IELTS score that Coventry University will accept for a Pre-sessional English course.
Your SELT certificate must include the following to be valid for entry onto a Pre-Sessional English course:
1. Top right box must state ‘Academic'
2. Centre Number must be a centre number that shows on the UKVI approved test centres list
3. Must have a UKVI reference number