Undergraduate Clearing Bursary for UK clearing applicants
To support those who are facing challenges with a change in circumstances, we are offering an Undergraduate Clearing Bursary for UK clearing applicants.
Bursary details and eligibility
The Undergraduate Clearing Bursary provides a one off £500 cash award, subject to the following eligibility requirements:
- It applies to applicants applying to the first year (year 1) of a full-time Honours degree course that is in clearing at the time of offer at Coventry University and Coventry University London.
- You must be a classed as a ‘home’ fee payer at the point of enrolment.
- You must have received an offer of admissions and met the conditions of your offer through UCAS Clearing for a full-time undergraduate Honours degree course at Coventry University or Coventry University London.
- You must take up your place and fully enrol on your course at Coventry University or Coventry University London in September 2021.
- Please note that the Undergraduate Clearing Bursaries cannot be combined with each other or other scholarships, discounts, or bursaries awarded by the Coventry University Group.
Who is not eligible for the bursary?
- Applicants domiciled outside of the UK.
- Applicants who have previously accepted an offer to courses at Coventry University or Coventry University London for September 2021 entry prior to 5 July 2021.
- Applicants applying to Foundation Year degrees (Year 0), Access degrees or Apprenticeship degrees.
- Applicants who are applying to courses offered by CU Coventry, CU London or CU Scarborough.
- Applicants who are looking to defer their year of entry.
How is the bursary paid?
- You do not need to make a separate application as the Admissions team will check your eligibility. Whether you are eligible shall be determined by the University in its sole discretion. The cash bursary will be automatically awarded by BACS payment into your bank account around week four of the first semester if you are eligible.
- Payment is subject to Coventry University or Coventry University London having received current and correct bank account details and either a tuition fee payment via Student Finance England or 50% of your tuition fees if self-funding.
- The bursary will not be backdated and all awards made apply to the student in the current academic year.
- The award of the Undergraduate Clearing Bursary is subject to any further terms and conditions set out in the Undergraduate Clearing Bursary Letter you receive from the university’s finance team.
- Changes to study. If you change to another course, that is not an eligible course (see requirements above), your bursary may be withdrawn and you may be required to repay sums to the University.
- Monitoring of attendance. You must successfully enrol at the start of the course and maintain your attendance throughout, including meeting assessment deadlines and engaging in the course delivery. Your course attendance may be monitored and reported.
- Suspensions and withdrawal from studies. If you suspend or withdraw from your studies then you may be required to repay sums to the university.
- If you are the subject of any investigation (to include criminal), form of proceedings (to include disciplinary or fitness to study proceedings) this will be considered by the University on a case by case basis, and the university will have full discretion to determine whether or not the bursary shall be withdrawn.