European Union Seventh Framework Programme
Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico
Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz
National Széchényi Library
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
University of Malta
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
Waterford Institute of Technology
Stichting European Grid Initiative
- Analyze the needs of researchers, citizens, cultural institutions and creative enterprises;
- Develop a new Roadmap based on key findings;
- Validate the Roadmap through one Pilot in Ireland and two case studies in the UK;
- Encourage Research institutions to establish clear protocols for citizen engagement and shared research goals where achievable;
- Ensure widespread impact of the project findings with a strong communication and dissemination plan;
- Establish a durable network of common interest to connect cultural institutions, research bodies, creative industries, e-infrastructures and citizen associations.
The project will support Horizon2020, in which cultural heritage and social sciences and humanities are embedded across the programme, the Digital Agenda for Europe and the European Agenda for Skills and Jobs.Critically, the Roadmap will offer support for improved social cohesion arising from the sharing by Europe’s citizens of their knowledge and understanding of their common and individual cultures.