Help at hand for businesses discovering 'The Cloud'
Friday 22 November 2013
A high tech support service at Coventry University is offering local businesses a free workshop on how to adapt to the next stage of the Internet’s evolution.
Touch Digital – a joint initiative between Coventry and Aston Universities which helps small businesses in the West Midlands incorporate the latest digital technologies – is running a session on Cloud Computing on Friday 29 November.
The workshop, entitled ‘Discover the Cloud’, offers small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) the opportunity to understand more about Cloud Computing - where different services are delivered to an organisation’s computers and devices through the Internet – and outlines how shifting to Cloud technologies can increase efficiency, bolster security, improve cash flow, and facilitate collaboration.
‘Discover the Cloud’ will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to the principles of Cloud Computing;
- An overview of what it means for small businesses, covering areas like communications, storage, business software and hosting;
- A business case for moving to Cloud based services including cost benefits, sustainability, mobile access and location independence;
- The business implications of moving to Cloud such as resourcing, staffing, supply-chain, and accounting;
- Potential issues like copyright, intellectual property, control and service levels.
‘Discover the Cloud’ takes place from 9.30am until 3.30pm on Friday 29 November at the Touch Digital Lab at the Serious Games Institute, Coventry University Technology Park.
Attendance is free and lunch and refreshments will be provided but places must be booked online in advance.
Touch Digital is funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Based at Coventry University Enterprises Ltd, Touch Digital helps small and medium firms in the West Midlands to integrate the latest technologies into their business and boost productivity.
Further information about Touch Digital, including workshop and forthcoming events, is available on the Touch Digital website or by calling 02476 158207.