Getting a top sponsorship guru to talk to students, priceless!
Tuesday 02 November 2010
The man responsible for Mastercard’s sport sponsorship strategy is coming to Coventry University on 8 November to talk to post graduate students as part of the business school’s leadership lecture series.
Paul Meulendijk will be taking time out of his busy schedule and flying in from Belgium on the day to give students an insight into his high profile job as Vice President and Head of Mastercard Sponsorship for Europe.
Paul is just one in a long line of impressive speakers that the business school has lined up to talk to postgraduate business students.
The leadership lecture series has been going for a number of years and in that time has attracted high-profile speakers from a number of areas and all have shared their skills, knowledge and experiences to address topical business issues.
Jody Holland, a senior lecturer at the Coventry University Business School said:
“It is quite a coup for us to get Paul Meulendijk at the business school. He is one of the best known and widely respected sponsorship professionals in the world, working for one of the best known brands in the world, Mastercard.
“Amongst the company’s highest profile relationships are deals with UEFA: for Champions League and for European Championships. Our students are certainly looking forward to hearing what he has to say and we are delighted that he’s going to share his experiences with us.”
Previous speakers at the sessions have included:
· Adrian Fawcett, Chief Executive Officer, General Healthcare Group speaking on ‘Business Strategy and the macro/micro environments’
· James Clark, Managing Director, PHS Direct on ‘Service Differentiation in Commodity Markets’.
· Kathryn James, Managing Director, NEC on ‘Business Strategy’.
· Kevin Rodgers, Director of Finance, Whitefriars Housing lecturing on ‘The Impact of the Global Credit Crunch on Coventry’s Housing Regeneration’.
· Alex Holland, Logistics Engineering Manager, Jaguar Land Rover speaking on “Lean Manufacturing at Jaguar Land Rover”.
Note for Editors:
Paul Meulendijk is Vice President, Head of Sponsorship for MasterCard Europe. In his function he oversees all European sponsorship investments – including the UEFA sponsorships for UEFA Champions League and MasterCard’s European golf sponsorships – and leads all European sponsorship marketing activities.
Mr. Meulendijk has a degree in Software Engineering from the Netherlands. He is a Dutch national who is fluent in English, French and German.