CSAD international achievements in 2011/12
Friday 05 October 2012
Coventry University’s School of Art and Design has had an exciting and eventful 2011/12. The School has linked with a range of partners around the globe to set up and develop international relationships that will enhance the overall student experience. Some of the highlights have included:
- Two study exchange programmes with the University partners in China, exchanging Media students with Zhejiang University of Media and Communications (ZUMC) and Graphic Design students with Central South University (CSU)
- Visits to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and North-western University in Chicago, USA to develop arrangements for split-site PhDs, PhDs by portfolio, one year student exchanges, staff exchanges and joint research
- The development of a Masters programme in International Contemporary Arts Practise with Kookmin University in Seoul, South Korea, with CSAD hosting a student exchange with the university in the first semester of 2011/12
- Participation from CSAD representatives in the BC Education Exhibition, the Kaywon School of Art and Design Exhibition and the Dong Suh Education Art and Design Exhibition in South Korea.
- A country wide progression agreement with Wigan and Leigh College in India in the area of Fashion and Graphic Design
Additionally the School of Art and Design are continuing to develop their international profile by participating in a number of international recruitment events in Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Thailand, India and Sub Saharan Africa.