Lecturer in Spanish
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Phone024 76 654554
Inmaculada Gonzalez has been a lecturer in Spanish since 2009. She teaches on the BA Languages for Global Communication and she is the Year Abroad Coordinator for the School of Humanities.
Inmaculada has extensive experience in designing and delivering Spanish language modules from ab-initio to advanced level as well as Spanish translation modules.
As Year Abroad Coordinator for the School of Humanities she deals with incoming and outgoing students within the Erasmus and Turing schemes.
She is module leader for all Spanish Add+Vantage beginners and post-beginners modules (+800 students). She also serves as an Academic Personal Tutor.
Her previous roles have included:
- Course Director for the Spanish degrees (2017-2020).
- Co-Course Director for BA Languages for Global Communication.
- Coordinator and module leader for all the Spanish Add+Vantage modules (absolute beginners and post beginners levels)
Her areas of interest are second and third language acquisition, Spanish linguistics and translation and language teaching methodologies. She is particularly interested in cross-linguistic influence in third language acquisition.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Fellow of the Society for Education and Training.
- Official examiner for the Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE).