Assistant Professor in Media Production
Clifton has a great deal of experience as a screenwriter as well as a script editor and mentor, to writers and directors new to film and television. He also has a great deal of freelance experience on programme production, project management and as a trainer/workshop leader and lecturer in screenwriting and film production, and has developed and written for a number of TV projects, both drama and factual.
He has also curated and commissioned many art exhibitions as director of the Space4 Gallery one of the first purely digital art galleries in the UK. As a curator he has curated art exhibitions and film festivals both here in the UK and Florida specialising in international short films. He helped set up, programme and curate the Art and Algorithms digital arts festival in Florida.
As a photographer / digital artist he has exhibited in the UK, USA and Europe.
- Pg.Cert., Higher Education Professional Practise
- M.A., Screenwriting and Research, The London Institute, London College of Printing
- B.A (Hons), Fine Art (Film making), Leicester Polytechnic
- Stewart, C. (2012) The Green Children. Researcher/Writer
- Stewart, C. (2009) Conflict and Loss Curator and exhibitor. National touring art exhibition held 2009-2010
- Stewart, C. (2006) Moth. Writer, award winning short film
- Stewart, C. (2006) COIL. Writer
- Stewart, C. (2005) Eden. Writer
- Stewart, C. (2004) The Domino Theory. Writer
- Stewart, C. (2002) The Mild Bunch. Writer, short film. First Take/Anglia Television
- Stewart, C. (2002) Doctors. BBC. Writer
- Stewart, C. (2000) Once Upon A Time. Writer/Producer/Editor
- Stewart, C.(2012 – 2017) Curator and artist; Art and Algorithms, Florida
- Stewart, C.(2016 and 2017) Exhibited at the Robert Capa Center of Photography, Budapest
- Stewart, C. (2017) Presented at the Avanca Film Festival and Conference, Portugal
- Stewart, C. (2019) Curated Babylon Shorts Film Festival
- Stewart, C. (2020) Curated the Deeping Shorts Film Festival