Open call: Coventry Creates 2021
The City of Culture University Partnership between Coventry University and University of Warwick is pleased to announce that Coventry Creates is running again this year.
We are inviting Coventry postcode (CV) based artists and researchers from Coventry University and the University of Warwick to apply to this exciting call.
Coventry Creates will see successful artist applicants awarded up to £2,250 for an artistic commission created in response to their paired university research project.
Artists and researcher teams will work together to understand the research content and create commissions that capture the imagination and showcase Coventry's artistic and research talent.
The University Partnership will work to support equitable, collaborative relationships between artists and researchers. Both parties will work together to share knowledge about research and the artistic process.
Feel Connected, Get Creative!
This year successful artists will also receive one or two consultation sessions from Coventry Art Forum, and be invited to online networking sessions hosted by the Coventry Creates Coordinators.
The Digital Exhibition
The 12 successful commissions will be prominently profiled in our Coventry Creates Digital Exhibition.
When does the call open and close?
Call opens: 12pm on Thursday June 10.
Call closes: 12pm on Thursday July 8.
- Awards will be made at end of July 2021.
- Collaborations and commissions will be active from August to October 2021.
- The exhibition will be built in November 2021, and launch in December 2021.
Artists and researcher teams are encouraged to explore opportunities to participate in each of the Universities City of Culture celebrations.
All 12 teams will be invited to join a physical exhibition and workshops during Resonates April 2022 Campus Festival hosted by University of Warwick.
How can I apply?
You can apply individually as an artist/arts organisation, or as a University of Warwick/Coventry University researcher(s). If successful you will be matched with an artist or researcher by our Coventry Creates selection panel.
Or, artists and researchers can apply together in a joint application via the 'pre-matched’ route.
Artist eligibility, budget and application form
- Artist budget: £2,250 (70% will be provided as soon as possible following acceptance of terms and conditions, with 30% paid after submission of the final commission piece to the Exhibition Creators.
- Artist/art organisation eligibility: You must be located within a Coventry (CV) postcode. Please see our FAQs and Information for Artists
- Artist application form.
Researcher eligibility, budget and application form
- Researcher consumables budget: £300 (must be spent in full by 31 July 2021).
- Researcher eligibility: University of Warwick and Coventry University researchers - please visit our FAQs and Information for Researchers for details.
- Coventry University and University of Warwick researcher application form.
Artists and researchers who have already matched themselves together must complete a pre-matched application form.
We encourage all applicants to visit the exhibition, browse University research projects and read all additional information and FAQs before applying.
All collaborations, communications and physical meetings must adhere to the latest COVID-19 Government Guidance.
If you have any questions, please contact both India Holme and Samima Hussain via the email addresses: