Flying Start International Travel Grant
The Flying Start International Travel Grants (formerly known as the No Hidden Extras (NHE) Grants) is an additional grant from the Centre for Global Engagement (CGE) for students undertaking an international travel during their course of study.
1st, 2nd and 3rd year undergraduate students receiving a full maintenance loan from Student Finance England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are eligible to apply for this grant.
£100 - Trip duration less than 30 days.
£500 - Trip duration 30 days or more.
Other Terms & Conditions
- Students must be on higher fee band.
- The international trip must be funded by CGE.
- Students must be on Full time/Sandwich course.
- Students can be eligible for both grants in one academic year.
- Students are only eligible to receive the £100 (trip duration less than 30 days) and £500 (trip duration 30 days and more) only once during course of study.
- Any student who receives the Flying Start International Travel Grant for an international trip and unable to attend the trip will need to refund the grant immediately.
- Students must be an active student of Coventry University.
(A student is considered to be an active student until their course end date and not their graduation date.)
Students not eligible
- Students on CPD and Non "Promises" courses are not eligible.
- Students from CU Coventry, CU London or CU Scarborough are not eligible.
- Students from Coventry University London are not eligible.
- Students who are blocked/excluded from Coventry University are not eligible.
- Students who have already received both a £100 and a £500 Flying Start. International Travel Grants are not eligible.
How to access the Flying Start grant
When you have secured the CGE funding, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check your eligibility for the Flying Start International Travel Grants.
Please also include the below details in the email.
- Details of your trip (Date and Destination)
- Copy of your maintenance loan letter 2018-2019
- Student Number
Maintenance loan letter should be for the same academic year as the commencement of your trip.
(e.g. if you are travelling in academic year 2018-2019 the letter needs to be 2018-2019.)
To apply or for further queries please contact us on the below number/email.
- Tel – 02477652971
- Email – email@example.com