Teaching Assistant in Journalism and Media
- Teaching undergraduate students in all three years a range of multi-platform journalistic disciplines – news writing, court reporting and how to use a wide variety of equipment.
- Managing the running of production tasks and online presence, icov.co.uk.
- Teaching shorthand to MA Journalism students and assisting with tasks set by Senior Lecturers.
- Publicising Journalism and Media through web promotion, maintaining links with open day visitors and developing closer ties within the media industry.
Creative and hardworking journalist and educator. Fully qualified lecturer involved in teaching print, broadcasting and online journalism at BA and MA level at Coventry University. Experience of running a successful Journalism BTEC programme and teaching BA Journalism at the Grimsby Institute. Demonstrated adaptability as a journalist by covering a Wembley Cup final, interviewing Nick Griffin at the BNP party conference and orchestrating a successful campaign to save a community swimming pool from council cutbacks. Qualified senior reporter with experience of producing content across digital platforms.
- MSc/MA by research: 1 current student